Anemone doesn’t look the same?

Tony757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers so I’ve had this anemone for like a month now and my Baby maroon clownfish hosting it. Everything was great when added to the tank anemone never moved and clown has been hosting ever since. But the only thing I’ve noticed was the anemone looks deflated like tentacles are curled during the day but at night is inflated. I also have noticed cleaner shrimp sometimes messing with the nem and my matron keeps kicking him out as well as I have a oscellaris clownfish too but he just keeps trying to fight the maroon which I was told not to worry because maroon fish can handle there own battle but my Maroon has scrapes and nips but still eats and protects the nem... so my plan is to get the shrimp out and the other clownfish out to save my anemone and hosting maroon fish bc I could care less about the shrimp and other clownfish. Any input would help! I’m really just worried about the nem though bc my maroon tries to protect himself by going in the nem but the nem is like deflated tentacles so the maroon clownfish literally has to lay on the anemone for the tentacles to protect him... idk I’m just worried about them. I have a picture of when I first got the anemone and now

533F39E0-D852-4312-B483-F9CE678B9956.jpeg 0D41EB86-3974-4C6C-902F-88AB992D0A97.jpeg

OP
OP
Tony757

Tony757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also am wondering what I should do about having a maroon clownfish and a oacellaris clownfish the maroon is smaller and hosting the anemone but the other clownfish is not hosting and keeps messing with the maroon and the other clownfish has been in the tank before the maroon so I’m tho king of taking him out for maybe a week or two

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers so I’ve had this anemone for like a month now and my Baby maroon clownfish hosting it. Everything was great when added to the tank anemone never moved and clown has been hosting ever since. But the only thing I’ve noticed was the anemone looks deflated like tentacles are curled during the day but at night is inflated. I also have noticed cleaner shrimp sometimes messing with the nem and my matron keeps kicking him out as well as I have a oscellaris clownfish too but he just keeps trying to fight the maroon which I was told not to worry because maroon fish can handle there own battle but my Maroon has scrapes and nips but still eats and protects the nem... so my plan is to get the shrimp out and the other clownfish out to save my anemone and hosting maroon fish bc I could care less about the shrimp and other clownfish. Any input would help! I’m really just worried about the nem though bc my maroon tries to protect himself by going in the nem but the nem is like deflated tentacles so the maroon clownfish literally has to lay on the anemone for the tentacles to protect him... idk I’m just worried about them. I have a picture of when I first got the anemone and now

533F39E0-D852-4312-B483-F9CE678B9956.jpeg 0D41EB86-3974-4C6C-902F-88AB992D0A97.jpeg
I have anemone issues too- I added them to a pre-mature tank. Its been a couple of weeks now. How is it going? Good luck! #reefsquad

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely seperate the clowns if they're harassing the nem.
need a better pic but I believe that may be an LTA and would prefer the sand bed if so.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back