OP
A Young Reefer

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time you put your hands on an anemone it makes their situation worse. The only time to get hands on is when moving to a hospital tank or death. If condition is deteriorating then a hospital tank and a course of cipro is the best action.
I am pretty sure that if you were in my place, having barely any visibility of how it looks like, no room to work with it and direct feed etc.. you would've done the same. the images I provided are much better than what I could see irl. I had no difficulty detaching the foot so no harm done there. I will be moving it to a hospital tank later today.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure that if you were in my place, having barely any visibility of how it looks like, no room to work with it and direct feed etc.. you would've done the same. the images I provided are much better than what I could see irl. I had no difficulty detaching the foot so no harm done there. I will be moving it to a hospital tank later today.
Direct feeding is never necessary. The idea is that as soon as you get hands on, the anemone thinks you're a predator and creates more stress.

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are just trying to help, we’ve all been in your shoes and understand how you feel. It’s easy to misread intent and tone in text. Sorry you had to deal with this

OP
OP
A Young Reefer

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are just trying to help, we’ve all been in your shoes and understand how you feel. It’s easy to misread intent and tone in text. Sorry you had to deal with this
I understand that everyone is trying to help and I am truly grateful to the community. I had to clarify why I did what I did. I don’t think I had time, given my situation to miss read intent and tone. I apologise, next time I will make sure to make my very own tone and intent even clearer.

View Badges
Nope tank water dirty look at first pic then look at 2/3 pic cloudy water ,do a water change and hand feed it

OP
OP
A Young Reefer

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope tank water dirty look at first pic then look at 2/3 pic cloudy water ,do a water change and hand feed it
How did you tell that tank water is dirty may I ask?
second picture it’s because I focused on the nem and blurred the background…

View Badges
How did you tell that tank water is dirty may I ask?
second picture it’s because I focused on the nem and blurred the background…
Clarity of water changed. Something is wrong with water.I got the eye.first pic water clarity is better

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you have the means, but that nem seems to have a bacterial infection. I had one exactly like that after being in a low nutrient tank and getting cut by something. it would inflate and deflate until it was always deflated. I took it out put it in a small 2 gallon tank with flow and did a full cypro treatment and the anemone recovered fully. it is a bit of an involved process with the meds but totally worth it. I would say it will work even in a 5 gallon bucket as long as you give it good light, and you keep the temperature in a good range.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with anemones but I’ve been doing a lot of research on this board and on the Internet in general because I want to buy a nice Magnifica/Ritteri for my next tank. Everything I have read from experienced people who are introducing new anemones put them into a hospital tank first with a course of Cipro before assessing whether to put it into their display tank. I hope this helps you. Good luck

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back