OP
prasunchoudhari

prasunchoudhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, what I was pointing out is the fact that Sebae anemones like to bury their foot in the sandbed. So the fact that your anemone is on the sandbed and hasnt moved is a good thing. He'll slowly work his foot into the sand and most likely attach to the bottom glass. Until he moves elsewhere anyway
so this is a good sign that he has settled at a place and now will bury his foot in the sand bed.

so one question:- should i start the wavemaker tomorrow morning which might disturb the anemone and again cause it to move and adjust to the flow

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so this is a good sign that he has settled at a place and now will bury his foot in the sand bed.

so one question:- should i start the wavemaker tomorrow morning which might disturb the anemone and again cause it to move and adjust to the flow
I would start it as soon as you can, but if you're worried it might get sucked into a wavemaker then waiting for a time that you can keep an eye on it isn't a bad idea

PlumbTuckered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a sorry looking tank. It's under filled, has cyano and several green algae species in it. This tank looks like it has no maintenance going on in it at all. It is probably why the anenome hasn't set into a spot it likes. It is because there is not a place in the tank that has the conditions its looking for.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was you just to be safe I'd cover the powerheads with a screen filter bag or cheesecloth even heard of ppl using pantyhose. They almost seem to seek out powerheads suicidal buggers.

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a sorry looking tank. It's under filled, has cyano and several green algae species in it. This tank looks like it has no maintenance going on in it at all. It is probably why the anenome hasn't set into a spot it likes. It is because there is not a place in the tank that has the conditions its looking for.
+1

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure about your lighting , anemone need very strong lighting with the correct spectrum 20watts does not sound like enough. I have no experience with sebae but I’ve heard they are one of the more difficult anemone species to acclimate but hardy once they are

brode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will turn on the wave maker tomorrow morning as it is night time and i cannot have a constant watch over the nem if the lights are turned off. and there are chances that it might get sucked up in the wavemaker intake side. will delay turning on the filter as of now because the anemone is sitting close to the filter intake.
You should not let the tank with no flow or filter for too long, it can be detrimental to the critters you have in there.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
can you please explain the procedure in detail or share a YouTube video link which explains it very well as i really don't want to hurt my nem
Its cut and dry. Place the nem on a rock or piece of rubble and ue thread and go over both loosely with thread. They will bond after about 10-14 days and you can cut thread and pull it off.

OP
OP
prasunchoudhari

prasunchoudhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on the nem.
it has dug the substrate (sand bed) and has started to settle.
It's also taking feed. (neon tetra which accidently jumped out of my community tank and died)

it seems things have started to settle for the nem

will attach pics once i reach home

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on the nem.
It's also taking feed. (neon tetra which accidently jumped out of my community tank and died)

That's great to hear.
I suggest if you really want your tank to thrive research your filtration and look into possibly getting some better lighting.
I'm really happy to hear the anemone is starting to adjust and is doing better.
However I do need to be honest and say that your tank looks to be in not good shape from the pictures I saw. Your lighting I think is inadequate and your filtration setup seems to be lacking as well.

Last edited:

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on the nem.

Good to hear! Should still not be feeding it yet, it takes a lot of energy out of an anemone and you don't want that while it's getting established. Definitely wouldn't be feeding it dead freshwater fish, that's asking for trouble

OP
OP
prasunchoudhari

prasunchoudhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear.
I suggest if you really want your tank to thrive research your filtration and look into possibly getting some better lighting.
I'm really happy to hear the anemone is starting to adjust and is doing better.
However I do need to be honest and say that your tank looks to be in not good shape from the pictures I saw. Your lighting I think in inadequate and your filtration setup seems to be lacking as well.
the issue i am facing is that there is no place for accommodating a sump so the only way out is a cannister filter.
i am having 2 skimmers though which i feel is doing much job of filteration apart from the skimmer

OP
OP
prasunchoudhari

prasunchoudhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear! Should still not be feeding it yet, it takes a lot of energy out of an anemone and you don't want that while it's getting established. Definitely wouldn't be feeding it dead freshwater fish, that's asking for trouble
realised it
it spit the fish out and now have removed the fish from the tank

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the issue i am facing is that there is no place for accommodating a sump so the only way out is a cannister filter.
i am having 2 skimmers though which i feel is doing much job of filteration apart from the skimmer
Which Cannister FIlters are you running, what does your media basket look like inside of it, and how often are you changing it/cleaning it out? I ran a 55G Reef on 2 Cannister Filters and a single HOB Skimmer for 12 1/2 years, but the key is maintenance and proper filter media...

OP
OP
prasunchoudhari

prasunchoudhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Cannister FIlters are you running, what does your media basket look like inside of it, and how often are you changing it/cleaning it out? I ran a 55G Reef on 2 Cannister Filters and a single HOB Skimmer for 12 1/2 years, but the key is maintenance and proper filter media...
i am having a hell lot of biological media as well as activated charcoal and mechanical filter media in the filter
wanted to clean the algae on the front glass of the tank especially the place where the nem is resting but now that the nem has started settling there, i dont really want to disturb it by cleaning the glass
since there is no place for even a refugium, all the algae growth is seen in the main tank

i am using hydor cannister filter (don't remember the specs now because it was bought around 8 years back when my dad was maintaining this tank)

if you notice, some biomedia is kept open in the tank too. the left corner of the tank where it is hiding from the display because of being blocked by the wooden frame covering that part of the tank
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-09 at 11.22.45 PM.jpeg

attaching the most recent images of the nem
please don't mind my camera quality though
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-09 at 11.22.48 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-09 at 11.22.50 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-09 at 11.22.51 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-09 at 11.22.46 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-12-09 at 11.22.47 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back