Anemone Placement

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m slightly upset that my BT nem decided to setup in the back of my tank and I don’t really know why it chose that spot. There’s very little flow and very little light for it but it will do what it wants to do. It’s been there for about 3-4 days now & I was wondering how I could get it to move somewhere a little better. Are my corals in the way/ too packed for it?

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t try and move it. Anemones will move- it’s in their nature. Once they find a good place they will stay for a long time. I put an anemone before any corals, and then put corals around the anemone to remove any chance of a fatal anemone walk.

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you about mine: mine loved from one of my 30 long, and back. Then in moved to the other side and split, and both moved back to the original location. Then one moved to the other side of the tank. This all took 3-4 months.

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t try and move it. Anemones will move- it’s in their nature. Once they find a good place they will stay for a long time. I put an anemone before any corals, and then put corals around the anemone to remove any chance of a fatal anemone walk.
will the anemone avoid walking somewhere because corals are in the way or will it just go for it?

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not get to choose where an anemone goes. Which is why I do not have one in my main DT. Instead, I keep an anemone tank.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, it won't bulldoze SPS into rubble, but can leave a wake of destruction behind them. That said, I have a colony of tabling acropora that has had RBTA's brushing against it for a solid year and there is barely any damage.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said. Your nem will pick a spot and camp out for a bit. How long has it been in the tank? I’m guessing it’s still trying to find the spot where it feels most comfortable.

My nems go on a walkabout every now and then. I’ve just learned to let it be. Sometimes they rest in a place I like!

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said. Your nem will pick a spot and camp out for a bit. How long has it been in the tank? I’m guessing it’s still trying to find the spot where it feels most comfortable.

My nems go on a walkabout every now and then. I’ve just learned to let it be. Sometimes they rest in a place I like!
about a week now, not too worried that it’ll stay there, I think eventually it’ll start moving somewhere a little more comfortable.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back