Anemone Splitting. How long does it take your net to split?

How long does it take for your anemone to finish the fission process?

• 24 hours or less

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • a few days

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 1 week

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • it depends

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all-

This is the first time I've had an anemone split on me. Haven't got much done today because I've been stuck in front of my tank lol. It's a really intriguing process to witness.

At first I thought it was melting, but then noticed 2 separate foots firmly attached and lengthening of its mouth. Anyways, here are a couple of photos:

How long does it usually take your anemone to finish the fission process?

Happy Reefing.

-Brian G.

IMG_5721.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

SLTWTRBGNR414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is taking its sweet time been days!! One side is inflated the other is deflated and just there.. dunno if this is what is supposed to happen ?

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is taking its sweet time been days!! One side is inflated the other is deflated and just there.. dunno if this is what is supposed to happen ?

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0019.JPG
How long have you had this anemone? Looks like it could be a sick H. magnifica (that’s not in the process of splitting).

SLTWTRBGNR414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had it for a few weeks! Dunno whats going on with it?? should i pull it ? Separate

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all-

This is the first time I've had an anemone split on me. Haven't got much done today because I've been stuck in front of my tank lol. It's a really intriguing process to witness.

At first I thought it was melting, but then noticed 2 separate foots firmly attached and lengthening of its mouth. Anyways, here are a couple of photos:

How long does it usually take your anemone to finish the fission process?

Happy Reefing.

-Brian G.

IMG_5721.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg
Mine normally takes a solid 2-3 days before both news appear happy in my opinion. I started with 1 and now have 4!

Pretty soon I’m going to need how to learn to take them out.

SLTWTRBGNR414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how did it goes? Successful I hope
Sorry its been awhile .. Half of it survived till the fall then it died.. Still struggling with the tank itself .. Since then my fish have all passed one by one.. I've done water changes..taken water samples to local fish store with positive feedback on parameters so I'm stuck asking myself what is the problem. Just recently purchased new fish and now im dealing with some type of algae .. I think im just going to scrap it all.. nothing is working!! Any advice i would greatly appreciate it.

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters?

Salinity -
Temperature -
Alk -
Calcium -
Magnesium -
Phosphate -
Nitrate -

JV1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just your fish that are passing? My current 40 gal that I purchased from someone a couple months back had the same issue, he said every time he introduced fish eventually they all kept dying. I purchased the tank knowing something was wrong. I ended up doing a fishless tank for 3 months to make sure whatever was in the water would not come back, I figured by his description it had to be velvet or brook. After I took the tank home and set it up I did a fishless period and just last week I introduced two clown fish and so far they are looking good. I added a UV sterilizer and a heater which he for whatever reason he did not have.

The tank came with 3 anemones, a peppermint shrimp, starfish, 2 snails which all survived and doing well. Id say before you decided to toss in the towel try a Fallow period, if you do not have one already get a UV sterilizer and to boot they help with algae.

DrJoos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon you'll have a million of them and need to start farming them out!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back