Anemone Sucked into filter

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My anemone has been moving around ever since I had a power outage and my filters were unable to run at night. I was just introducing a new fish into my system, and I think he moved because the bag was near him??

I was just in the other room for a couple of seconds and saw my anemone getting sucked into my input tube of my filter, it was in there for no more than a minute ish, and I immediately turned it off.

It wasn't all of its tentacles, but a majority were sucked into it, some seem to be tangled into the tube. The foot was in no way damaged.

Anything I can do to help him out? Should I be worried about anything?

Thanks,
Will

image0.jpeg

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry. I have nem gard and at least once a week, someone's tentacles are being sucked in. Even if you lose a few tentacles, it will be fine.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the foot and mouth should be okay as well as a majority of the tentacles. Do you run carbon? If you have any on hand, you may want to use it for any bits that may have passed through the filter. Can we get a picture of the nem after the incident?

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the foot and mouth should be okay as well as a majority of the tentacles. Do you run carbon? If you have any on hand, you may want to use it for any bits that may have passed through the filter. Can we get a picture of the nem after the incident?
Yeah, he usually is closing up by now because it's getting late, but I'll be sure to post one tomorrow, he looks pretty good now but the clownfish appear to be concerned, lol.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back