Anemone suddenly moved

Max H.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone just moved and I’m not sure why. It was on a rock for a week and now it is halfway in the sand. Could someone tell me why this could’ve happened.
image.jpg

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably tried to move and got blown off rock and ended up in sand, them moving is totally normal. I would grab him and put it back on a rock though so it has an easier time finding a nice spot.

Randomwhiteguy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just gunna assume this is your first anemone let me be the first to say welcome to the life of being an anemone owner there are a few reasons that it could have moved that you might need to adjust such as lighting to bright water chemistry or flow but more often then not that’s just the anemone being an anemone they tend to sit for a while get the feel for the area and if they don’t like it find a better spot after a while they tend to find a place they want to call home and hunker down for the rest of there life but there’s always the possibility that they change there mind a month 3 months or maybe a few years down the road and take another stroll around your tank

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Homie above nailed it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of nem.

If it moved it's looking for something. That's something could just be relief from too big of a meal.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytime I would float bags to acclimate new livestock, I guess the change in flow patterns (or the fact that I turned the lights off during the daytime) would incite a relocation on the part of my largest bubble tip 'nem. And with that it would invariably settle close to other fauna that didn't appreciate its cozy proximity.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably tried to move and got blown off rock and ended up in sand, them moving is totally normal. I would grab him and put it back on a rock though so it has an easier time finding a nice spot.
Don't do this, moving them yourself will only stress the anemone and it's going to go where it wants to regardless of where you place it.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot turn on the powerheads back on after a water change in my carpet anemone tank. The next day my large mertens went from its foot buried in a rock pile to the top of the over flow box. I knew instantly it wanted more flow and realized what I did. I turned on the power heads and within a couple of days it was back in the rock pile.

Can't tell by the picture, but the kind of anemone will tell you if it is sand dweller or like to plant its foot in the rocks. I would leave it alone and see where it goes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back