anglefish question

eidels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 250 gal reef aprox 15yo with a mix of tangs etc and one female spotbreast angelfish. I'd love to add a female Lamarck's but know too well the risks. Does anyone have experience with these two, thanks!

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have general experience with angelfish in general. I would not recommend having multiple angels in one system, but your tank is rather large so it is possible and easier than people think. You just have to be prepared to remove a fish if things get rough. I also need more information how many tangs do you have, do you have other fish? I need to know more about this stuff so more information would be appreciated. Normally I would be concerned about corals, but Genicanthus Angelfish are considered to be reef safe. I would not recommend two angelfish in the same tank especially two Genicanthus Angels, but it can be done you just have to manage the fish and keep and eye on them. But make sure to be ready to remove a fish as soon as you see pimped up aggression.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 250 gal reef aprox 15yo with a mix of tangs etc and one female spotbreast angelfish. I'd love to add a female Lamarck's but know too well the risks. Does anyone have experience with these two, thanks!
You can keep multiple Genicanthus species in your tank. How ever, it is likely that only one male will stay male.
I would prefer to get a Watanabei instead of Melanospilos or Lamarck. They stay smaller. Also, consider get two of the same species. I always have luck with get two Watanabei females and one would turn male with time. Good feeding and plenty or room is the key for them to fully developed, in addition to not suppressed by another male angel.
IMO, have them spawned trump having two different angels.

OP
OP
eidels

eidels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have general experience with angelfish in general. I would not recommend having multiple angels in one system, but your tank is rather large so it is possible and easier than people think. You just have to be prepared to remove a fish if things get rough. I also need more information how many tangs do you have, do you have other fish? I need to know more about this stuff so more information would be appreciated. Normally I would be concerned about corals, but Genicanthus Angelfish are considered to be reef safe. I would not recommend two angelfish in the same tank especially two Genicanthus Angels, but it can be done you just have to manage the fish and keep and eye on them. But make sure to be ready to remove a fish as soon as you see pimped up aggression.
Thanks a bunch, the tanks are a dominant Naso male, 3 yellows, a hippo and a sail fin, the spot breast is lower end of the pecking order maybe 21/2 “

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a bunch, the tanks are a dominant Naso male, 3 yellows, a hippo and a sail fin, the spot breast is lower end of the pecking order maybe 21/2 “
IMO, Your tank is small for the fish that you will have in it.

OP
OP
eidels

eidels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
eidels

eidels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can keep multiple Genicanthus species in your tank. How ever, it is likely that only one male will stay male.
I would prefer to get a Watanabei instead of Melanospilos or Lamarck. They stay smaller. Also, consider get two of the same species. I always have luck with get two Watanabei females and one would turn male with time. Good feeding and plenty or room is the key for them to fully developed, in addition to not suppressed by another male angel.
IMO, have them spawned trump having two different angels.
interesting! and brings up another question of how territorial would a pair of spotbreasts be, thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back