Another 60 gallon Cube Tank build

habutti

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
50
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings, I picked up Ben's (aka Mighty nano tank) Marineland reef ready 60 gallon cube tank. The package included in addition to the tank, factory stand, and plumbing, a Trigger emerald 20c sump, SWC160 skimmer, Danners supreme mag return pump, and a Custom Acrylic lid by OctoLids. I plan on running this tank bare bottom. I will use some stuff from my old 40 breeder, like rocks, the Kessils, etc. The goal is a SPS dominant tank running the Zeovit system. Here we go...

60Cube with stand.JPG


Trigger 20C sump.JPG


60Gal_Cube lid.jpg
 
So once I got home with the equipment I washed it all with a 50% bleach solution (I know it was strong), then I rinsed it all with vinegar followed by a RODI water bath. I also painted black the white pvc pipes in the overflow. I mounted some sliders on the stand to facilitate moving the unit.

IMG_0233.JPG


IMG_0256.jpeg
 
I would convert that to a dual drain setup and run the return over there back for peace of mind
 
I hooked everything up, got the sump in place and the Zeovit reactor. I am using my old Kessil A360 from my 40 breeder, and also using some rocks from that tank (not winning any aquascape competition), and filled it up. Dumped some Dr. Tim's One and Only, and let the cycle begin.

IMG_0031.jpeg


IMG_0033.jpeg


IMG_0035.jpeg


IMG_0037.jpeg


IMG_0073.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new