Another 60 gallon Cube Tank build

habutti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings, I picked up Ben's (aka Mighty nano tank) Marineland reef ready 60 gallon cube tank. The package included in addition to the tank, factory stand, and plumbing, a Trigger emerald 20c sump, SWC160 skimmer, Danners supreme mag return pump, and a Custom Acrylic lid by OctoLids. I plan on running this tank bare bottom. I will use some stuff from my old 40 breeder, like rocks, the Kessils, etc. The goal is a SPS dominant tank running the Zeovit system. Here we go...

60Cube with stand.JPG

Trigger 20C sump.JPG

60Gal_Cube lid.jpg

OP
OP
H

habutti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So once I got home with the equipment I washed it all with a 50% bleach solution (I know it was strong), then I rinsed it all with vinegar followed by a RODI water bath. I also painted black the white pvc pipes in the overflow. I mounted some sliders on the stand to facilitate moving the unit.

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0256.jpeg

OP
OP
H

habutti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hooked everything up, got the sump in place and the Zeovit reactor. I am using my old Kessil A360 from my 40 breeder, and also using some rocks from that tank (not winning any aquascape competition), and filled it up. Dumped some Dr. Tim's One and Only, and let the cycle begin.

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 192 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back