Another how much to feed thread...

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now my tank consists of 2 clowns and a lyre tail anthias. I have a spotted goby but he focuses on pods obviously.

I try to feed a mix of pellets and frozen foods (mostly mysis). Lets stick with just the frozen for now, how much would you feed these fish daily/weekly in terms of cubes. 1 a day?

I've always just kind of fed until I felt like they ate enough, but maybe I'm an awful judge of that. I don't think they would ever stop eating if I stood there and fed constantly....so I have no idea of knowing if they are full.

Seems like a basic question but something I'd love some input on.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Are you having water quality issues?

I think 1-2 cubes a day is probably fine. Anthias generally do better with several feedings a day. You can also do alternate and feed more one day then less the other.

There are no set rules, best way you can determine this is by observing your fish. Even though it seems they’ll eat forever, unlike my dogs, most fish fill up after a few minutes.
I’m in the overfeeding camp :)

OP
OP
JonoB

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply!

It's a 60G. I usually do multiple smaller feedings a day. Just trying to get a feel for what I need to do. I would say as far as water quality issues, my only issue is low nutrients, so I feel like I could do more.

I guess I need to thaw out some food and sit there and see how much they will eat till they stop. :p

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A general rule of thumb I tend to follow is as much as they will completely eat in a few minutes.

Back