OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Multicolor Petco Gigantea turn out to be something very special. Below is an unedited picture, not even auto-corrected or auto-enhanced. I took it using an Underwater setting of my camera, an Olympus E-M5 II
I can see a rainbow of colors, from Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue to Purple. A truly special Gigantea, I have never seen anything like it.

gigantea2019080303multicolor-jpg.1152223

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this Gigantea about 3 weeks ago. He was a little sick so I treated him with Cipro. He did well. I have to go out of town for Spring Break so I ended the treatment early and put him into my sump. Here he is today, totally recovered and turn out to be a really nice multicolor Gigantea. Nice color with orange tentacles, green and yellow
PetcoGigantea2019032401.jpg
So it seems like Petco is a good source for anemones. Despite all of the negative press. I would wonder - how did you know it was 'a little sick'

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN I'm going to have to block you!! You’re making me want to get a blue gigantea sooo bad!! It’s my favorite thing in reef keeping (fish, coral, inverts) it tops it all!!!

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats incredible. Really cool to see the progression made since you picked it up. The colors are outstanding. Reminds me of a prism.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back