OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next step stay tuned to see what I have I mind ;)

IMG_0034.JPG

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next step was done! I wanted a good way to contain the electronics from the water. For those of you following along I decided to change my plan and go the IKEA route. I am so happy how it turned out! I will drill a hole on the wall side with a desk grommet for the wires to go through. Check it out

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next step was done! I wanted a good way to contain the electronics from the water. For those of you following along I decided to change my plan and go the IKEA route. I am so happy how it turned out! I will drill a hole on the wall side with a desk grommet for the wires to go through. Check it out

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG
Very nice I love the shelf I have been trying to find something very similar to that to store my supplies in.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice I love the shelf I have been trying to find something very similar to that to store my supplies in.
Try IKEA web site they have that exact shelf unit in 3 or 4 different sizes. The one I have is the smallest one. I'm getting another for the other side

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try IKEA web site they have that exact shelf unit in 3 or 4 different sizes. The one I have is the smallest one. I'm getting another for the other side
Where on IKEA's website did you find them I am having trouble finding them.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice bet you can't wait to get it wet and start your cycle.
Yes it's killing me. I'm a 911 dispatcher so I only really work on the tank on my days off if I'm not working OT. I really don't want to put any livestock in there until I return from my honeymoon Nov 1. I told my fiancé they might as well land the plane in the LFS parking lot :p

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more progress today. I got the main drain painted and plumbed as well was the backup drain. The emergency drain and return are dry plumbed and will be glued and painted 2moro. I'm not much of a plumber so it took me all day to complete. Some of the pipes are a little crooked cuz of the lack of space and I did not want to cut into the stand. I went with a mix of soft flex tubing and hard plumb so that I had more flexibility. I have a 1" gate valve on my main drain and a 1/2" gate valve on my return. I want to be able to have the option to scale down from either side is need be. The main drain is 1" pvc and return is 3/4" off the return pump reduced to the 1/2" bulk head. The emergency drain sits well above where the water line will be in my sump chamber so I can here it if it's draining water. The secondary drain line is into my return section and will below the water line. Here's a bunch of pics. Go easy on me like I said I'm definitely no plumber hahahah ;)

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more progress today. I got the main drain painted and plumbed as well was the backup drain. The emergency drain and return are dry plumbed and will be glued and painted 2moro. I'm not much of a plumber so it took me all day to complete. Some of the pipes are a little crooked cuz of the lack of space and I did not want to cut into the stand. I went with a mix of soft flex tubing and hard plumb so that I had more flexibility. I have a 1" gate valve on my main drain and a 1/2" gate valve on my return. I want to be able to have the option to scale down from either side is need be. The main drain is 1" pvc and return is 3/4" off the return pump reduced to the 1/2" bulk head. The emergency drain sits well above where the water line will be in my sump chamber so I can here it if it's draining water. The secondary drain line is into my return section and will below the water line. Here's a bunch of pics. Go easy on me like I said I'm definitely no plumber hahahah ;)

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG
Moving right along you will be starting your cycle before you know it. Just take your time and make sure everything is the way you want it.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving right along you will be starting your cycle before you know it. Just take your time and make sure everything is the way you want it.
I'm waiting for parts from synergy they havent shipped orders from mid may until June 26th. Once I get those I will do a fresh water leak test. This weekend I'm placing a big order with BRS for my neptunes conteoller, gyre, ai hydra 52 hd.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where I can get decently priced auto top off containers? I want one I can fit behind my tank on the floor at least 5 gallons

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back