OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have missed who was making your lid. I have the same tank sitting in my garage. And will need a lid. So following.

My current 140 gallon had a horrible outbreak of red slime and hair algae. Finally got a hold on it right before my update.

Shelley
TopLids. We are working on getting a replacement done now.

OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last week or so I started seeing some issues with some LPS. My scoly and acans that have all been super healthy for the last year and a half started to recede and exposing the skeleton. My initial thought was maybe a flow issue? Today I got my monthly ICP test back and was shocked to see it report my po4 at 0.2, and no3 at 50ppm. My mastertronic has been telling me 0.06 and ~20 pretty consistently. I then did a manual test with my hanna checkers, and they confirmed the ICP results... Valuable lesson with automated testing: "Trust, but verify". Not sure if this was the reason why my LPS were suffering, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a big contributing factor.

I suppose from here on out I'll start doing a manual tests at least every other week, if not every week. Hopefully the algae scrubber starts exporting nutrients soon!

IMG_9306.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back