Any Experience On The Reef Breeders Exo ATO?

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, not being able to source out a Tunze 3155, I've looked into some other options. Does anyone have any experience with the Reef Breeders Exo ATO? I have an acrylic sump. Also, what are some other great ATOs other than the Tunze 3155? Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really? Can you provide some information/link? I’m curious. Thanks
This is all I was able to find. No pricing or tentative release date. I'm looking at a new ATO and this is the one I'm going to be waiting for. Plug and play and the hint that there might be some cloud functionality with it.

blalaw87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an email today BRS just got the 3155 back in stock and was able to get one since I was looking for one as well in case you are still looking!

OP
OP
Tnops

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an email today BRS just got the 3155 back in stock and was able to get one since I was looking for one as well in case you are still looking!
dang, this message didn’t give me any notification. It’s out of stock again :(

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting for Tunze 3155 for months, Got tired of waiting and asked people here and another site for a another good brand. Avast unit was recommended by some , it works with a pressue sensor and not optic sensor, after research I went with it and really like how simple it is to set up and works good. All the reviews are great and cost is cheaper.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, and to answer OP, I have one. It's decent. Sometimes it goes on a beeping spree but it's solid for the price.

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited for ever for the 3155 and had to settle on the EXO it works just fine but it is touchy and the random beeping is really annoying I had to teach my wife and kids how to shut off the beeping when I am not home. If you can hold out for the 3155 I would suggest waiting I will end up replacing the EXO which is a waste of money.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited for ever for the 3155 and had to settle on the EXO it works just fine but it is touchy and the random beeping is really annoying I had to teach my wife and kids how to shut off the beeping when I am not home. If you can hold out for the 3155 I would suggest waiting I will end up replacing the EXO which is a waste of money.
I think it's a fine product if you're a beginner, but I don't think I'll be going the Reef Breeders route in the future. I had an RP-M and it has impressive flow but the controller is very clunky and hard to program compared to an app. Upgraded to Nero 3s. I will probably swap atos when this one craps out. I also don't like that the ac plug insert is easily exposed to salt water.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These little guys have worked perfectly so far on 2 tanks here:

I figured if Kamoer was so highly regarded in the dosing world, they could probably make a halfway decent ATO. I've only had it 6 months, but not a single issue yet. Nice that's it's so affordable too.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured if Kamoer was so highly regarded in the dosing world, they could probably make a halfway decent ATO. I've only had it 6 months, but not a single issue yet. Nice that's it's so affordable too.
Agreed... the pump is actually pretty slow but it gets the job done. I like that it alerts me when I forget to top off the ATO container.

OP
OP
Tnops

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Blueberry Wrasse do you have a controller like an Apex? I use mine and its very simple and reliable. Super cheap and no need for another box to fiddle with.
Nope, finally found and purchased a used Tunze 3155. Hopefully when it arrives it works and is not a piece of wood in a box

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back