Any Fish safe corals??

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you read that right. I am looking to possibly convert my 55g FW tank to a FOWLR in 2021. Reason being is that I would like to get some fish that are not "reef safe" and cant be put in my mixed reef tank. Are there any Corals that fish will just not bother regardless? I have seen some pix on here of some Fowlr tanks that look like they may have things like mushrooms and some other corals but I cant tell. TIA all

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sinularia, nepthea, mushrooms, zoas (some fish may find these tasty), toadstools, colt coral, fox coral, Rhodactis (technically a shroom), rock flower nems, mini maxi carpets (careful if you’re wanting tiny fish, but most fish are safe), cabbage corals, etc. Are all very easy to keep and will add some color. Most softies, shrooms, and zoas will fit the bill :)

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sinularia, nepthea, mushrooms, zoas (some fish may find these tasty), toadstools, colt coral, fox coral, Rhodactis (technically a shroom), rock flower nems, mini maxi carpets (careful if you’re wanting tiny fish, but most fish are safe), cabbage corals, etc. Are all very easy to keep and will add some color. Most softies, shrooms, and zoas will fit the bill :)

This is awesome news I have some of these in the Mixed reef that are getting a bit too large (toadstool, mushroom and RFA) and its nice to see that I can move them over. THANK YOU!!!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome news I have some of these in the Mixed reef that are getting a bit too large (toadstool, mushroom and RFA) and its nice to see that I can move them over. THANK YOU!!!
No problem! Can’t wait to see the new tank!

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above is good, just be aware of the type of fish as some will be just plain destructive.

I also think gorgonians fit the bill as being relatively unpalatable. And it's hard to get nowadays but I had a Millepora alcicornis that wasn't touched by my trigger. (also you don't want to touch it as well, the Genus Millepora are referred to as fire corals for a reason)

Now that I think about it I might try to find another small colony...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back