Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chalice.jpg

Please ignore my algae/snail buffet.

Tank is a Fluval 13.5 with stock LEDs.

I got a freebie chalice in a recent online order, and it did not have a good time in the mail. The water was cloudy and smelled when I opened the bag. I did a dip with Seachem Reef Dip, then a gentle rinse with tank water. There is still some dark bits in the very crevices of the skeleton, and the skeleton is bright white. I have no idea what color the chalice was/should be as it was just labeled "freebie chalice."

Is there any hope for this fella? Right now he's in my main flow area on the far side of the tank, but angled in the cup to not receive the brunt of the flow. I can definitely move him up if more light would help.

Aboynamedsous2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is some dark spots it’s certainly worth a shot. Chalices like a lot of lps corals like lower to moderate light so I would move him over to a shaded area and see if that does any help.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this. I too had a chalice that went through hell and all its skin came off but kept 1 mouth. I left it alone, and around 7-9 months later it came back. So if you se a Mouth on it, leave it just dont mess with it.

OP
OP
Petrichor

Petrichor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see a mouth on the frag, but it's small, so possible? I'll move him to a shadier spot and see what happens. Thank you!

Back