Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

I would not spend 750.00 either, The design I came up with has 30 feet of washable fabric that is 100% polyester ( same as filter socks) and needs to be washed every 3 to 4 months, now thats a bargain.
 
I would not spend 750.00 either, The design I came up with has 30 feet of washable fabric that is 100% polyester ( same as filter socks) and needs to be washed every 3 to 4 months, now thats a bargain.

What is this product?
 
I ended up going with the clarisea sk-15 for my reefer 750. It's a beast. I honestly don't think I need a skimmer with it, but just run one for the air exchange. It can easily handle the max flow a 750 allows (due to plumbing limitations). For reference, I run the octo 8 on 4 (out of 5) speed.
 
IMG_6544.JPG


I'm sorry I've not read the full thread but if your looking for the creme de la creme then this has got to be a contender. It's the same flow or more as the clarisea SK5000 but the same size as the SK3000. The fleece is 65m long and comes in four different grades from 9-32 microns. It's got an optical sensor and is fully made in the UK.

IMG_6545.JPG
 
IMG_6544.JPG


I'm sorry I've not read the full thread but if your looking for the creme de la creme then this has got to be a contender. It's the same flow or more as the clarisea SK5000 but the same size as the SK3000. The fleece is 65m long and comes in four different grades from 9-32 microns. It's got an optical sensor and is fully made in the UK.

IMG_6545.JPG
It's beautiful. I've never seen that one before. Local company?
 
It's beautiful. I've never seen that one before. Local company?

Local ish. As said it's made in the U.K. Currently available if your willing to pay the shipping. I'm a beta tester since October 2017. It's a great bit of kit. I've not used any other types but I'm fairly sure this will smash them. I feed 6-8 times a day and get no3 of 5ish. That's with 4% WC every 3 months or so. Not bad in my book.
 
IMG_6544.JPG


I'm sorry I've not read the full thread but if your looking for the creme de la creme then this has got to be a contender. It's the same flow or more as the clarisea SK5000 but the same size as the SK3000. The fleece is 65m long and comes in four different grades from 9-32 microns. It's got an optical sensor and is fully made in the UK.

IMG_6545.JPG

Very nice, for reference the Klir is a drop in replacement for filter socks.
 
Very nice, for reference the Klir is a drop in replacement for filter socks.

Yes, that is epic. I'll not be moving over but it's a great selling point. I will now never be without a fleece filter and will plan my sump accordingly.
 
Good luck getting one. I've been told sold out as of yesterday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new