Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

ray murry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not spend 750.00 either, The design I came up with has 30 feet of washable fabric that is 100% polyester ( same as filter socks) and needs to be washed every 3 to 4 months, now thats a bargain.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with the clarisea sk-15 for my reefer 750. It's a beast. I honestly don't think I need a skimmer with it, but just run one for the air exchange. It can easily handle the max flow a 750 allows (due to plumbing limitations). For reference, I run the octo 8 on 4 (out of 5) speed.

SARBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6544.JPG

I'm sorry I've not read the full thread but if your looking for the creme de la creme then this has got to be a contender. It's the same flow or more as the clarisea SK5000 but the same size as the SK3000. The fleece is 65m long and comes in four different grades from 9-32 microns. It's got an optical sensor and is fully made in the UK.

IMG_6545.JPG

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6544.JPG

I'm sorry I've not read the full thread but if your looking for the creme de la creme then this has got to be a contender. It's the same flow or more as the clarisea SK5000 but the same size as the SK3000. The fleece is 65m long and comes in four different grades from 9-32 microns. It's got an optical sensor and is fully made in the UK.

IMG_6545.JPG
It's beautiful. I've never seen that one before. Local company?

SARBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's beautiful. I've never seen that one before. Local company?

Local ish. As said it's made in the U.K. Currently available if your willing to pay the shipping. I'm a beta tester since October 2017. It's a great bit of kit. I've not used any other types but I'm fairly sure this will smash them. I feed 6-8 times a day and get no3 of 5ish. That's with 4% WC every 3 months or so. Not bad in my book.

TLeTourneau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6544.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG

Very nice, for reference the Klir is a drop in replacement for filter socks.

SARBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, for reference the Klir is a drop in replacement for filter socks.

Yes, that is epic. I'll not be moving over but it's a great selling point. I will now never be without a fleece filter and will plan my sump accordingly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back