Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they require a certain amount of space above and below the water level. And your socks are regular 4" socks? The same that would fit in a sump? You can check their site to see the size requirements. If everything else is in line, I don't see a reason it shouldn't work.

I am sorry guys. I just got an email notification for this thread today. Not sure why. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

Both units would need their own individual motor on the side of the unit. What they would share is the small blue controller they connect to and a single power supply. The small blue controller box can handle one or two motors at the same time. You would only need one sensor for both units. When the water level goes up and triggers the sensor, the blue controller will roll both units simultaneously.

Hope this helps!

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe, i am missing something but wouldn't the water level rising / fluctuating not mess with your skimmer?

It works the same way as a filter sock. Filter socks do not mess with your skimmer water level so the Klir will not either. Usually the filter sock chamber is completely separate from the Skimmer chamber. The water level goes up above the filter socks and not below them. The same would apply for the Klir filter.

Think of the Klir filter as a mechanized filter sock. Fits in the same location as the filter sock and it works the same exact way.. the only difference is that it rolls the filter sock with new fleece when the filter sock is clogged up.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just read on their site that they will also release different micron fleece. It will launch with 50 micron, then they will release 80 and 120 afterwards.
Yes, even thought we would love to, we cannot release everything at the same time. We are concentrating on getting the base product out and then releasing the lesser demand accessories later on.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works the same way as a filter sock. Filter socks do not mess with your skimmer water level so the Klir will not either. Usually the filter sock chamber is completely separate from the Skimmer chamber. The water level goes up above the filter socks and not below them. The same would apply for the Klir filter.

Think of the Klir filter as a mechanized filter sock. Fits in the same location as the filter sock and it works the same exact way.. the only difference is that it rolls the filter sock with new fleece when the filter sock is clogged up.

If anything, this would actually lead to less water level fluctuation because as socks clog they will retain water whereas the klir will roll out new fleece to prevent water from backing up.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anything, this would actually lead to less water level fluctuation because as socks clog they will retain water whereas the klir will roll out new fleece to prevent water from backing up.
Correct!!!! As the socks get clogged up and the water level goes up in the sock chamber, the water level in your return pump chamber goes up and therefore, your ATO will start to pump water to keep it stable. With the Klir, as the water level reaches the sensor, it will trigger and the klir will roll new fleece making the water level go down again. This will prevent the water level inside the return pump chamber from increasingly getting lower and lower and forcing your ATO to pour more fresh water into the system.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason, the opening to my 4 inch sock chamber on my trigger sump is 3 & 3/8ths wide. Any shot the klir can angle in?

brianbigoats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Red Sea Adapter be coming out when first released or should i hold off on my purchase?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back