OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood why they don't really sell 50 micron socks. 100 lets so much stuff through. I've been using 50 micron socks for 3 years, but have to custom order them. The only great things was that they only cost $3 each.

But I'm definitely looking forward to the Klir. It will basically give me the same 50 microns and change the sock for me.

If the 4" can do 800 gph, I would need at least 2 in my sump and just plug the furthest 3rd hole. The cool thing is the guy said you can have 1 with the controller and buy a second one that will run off the same controller.

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer250 and my sump depth is 9”. On their site they say you. Need a min of 10.5”

10.5" in the water, or just height in general? Because most commercial sumps are 9" water height, with a few at an even 10". They wouldn't sell very many, lol.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in, been watching this product for over a year now , I’ve been in context with the company asking about the progress and I like what they have done with the new design ... it looks like they took some of the design idea from the cleaisea fleece filter
https://www.theaquariumsolution.com/products/clarisea-fleece-filter-units.

But I’m not surprised being that coralvue took over funding for the klir fleece filter and previously they were trying to market the Clarissa but that fell through.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needs 10.5” from the floor of the sump to the sock tray. There is a picture on their website. I emailed them about it a few days ago and I got response saying their will be an adapter available specifically for Reefer tanks when released.

Jo P White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10.5" in the water, or just height in general? Because most commercial sumps are 9" water height, with a few at an even 10". They wouldn't sell very many, lol.
It needs 10.5” for the bottom part of the unit, not water depth. They have diagrams on their website. Also if for some reason your sump isn’t properly configured for the unit they’re producing a brack unit that you drop the filter unit into so it. I saw it at RAP this month, it’s an awesome design and easy to use from what I understood speaking to the rep. The first one is the most expensive and then you can add extra units for a slightly lower cost, but if you need multiples it will get expensive.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in, been watching this product for over a year now , I’ve been in contact with the company asking about the progress and I like what they have done with the new design ... it looks like they took some of the design ideas from the Clarisea fleece filter

But I’m not surprised being that coralvue took over funding for the klir fleece filter and previously they were trying to market the Clarisea but that fell through.

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand it will fit a standard sock hole of 4 inches or 7 inches. It was on display at the Florida show and should launch in the summer. Definitely seems a bit pricey, especially if you have three 4" sock holders like I do. dang thing would cost more than my Trigger sump, lol.
Its much cheaper than the RollerMat BRS sells which I read nothing but problems about. Also this will pay for itself in replacement costs for filter socks IMO.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually, the product was tweaked before going into production. I think the new dimensions will make you very happy!!!

30707695_10160222134625721_5886718940817653760_n.png

mibwb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an post about something similar under General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration started by Husker on May 9, 2017 about the Theiling Rollermat.

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The roller is not that good I hear and way to bulky

Glad I didn't go that route, lol. I read that thing had a bunch of pieces that kept breaking because they used cheap, thin plastic to support the weight. But it set the idea for refinement for something like this.

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its much cheaper than the RollerMat BRS sells which I read nothing but problems about. Also this will pay for itself in replacement costs for filter socks IMO.

Yea, but filter socks only cost me $95 for 25 of them because I order them from filterbag.com, a custom sock maker. Anybody can order from them, most people just don't want to buy socks in bulk even though it's half the price. I bought 25 two years ago and still have 10 I haven't touched.

I'm just curious how much the refills are. I would gladly buy this though if it works well in a Trigger sump and doesn't malfunction.

What happens is it decides not to roll up the dirty felt? Your sump may overflow. I know it has sensors inside that work off the water height, just saying that the sensor may get gack over it and not work right.

But it's definitely a wait and see product for me. I want to see all of the safety and backup precautions first and hear from people that have had it at least 6 months. Everything has pros and cons to it. I just want to see the cons before getting a flood ;).

platax88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any properly designed sump should have an emergency overflow in the sock tray chamber. If not floods would happen when filter socks get clogged. For example you can see the emergency overflow opening on a Trigger sump
AC98F7F0-0DD7-496D-9202-741DCB657257.jpeg
Yea, but filter socks only cost me $95 for 25 of them because I order them from filterbag.com, a custom sock maker. Anybody can order from them, most people just don't want to buy socks in bulk even though it's half the price. I bought 25 two years ago and still have 10 I haven't touched.

I'm just curious how much the refills are. I would gladly buy this though if it works well in a Trigger sump and doesn't malfunction.

What happens is it decides not to roll up the dirty felt? Your sump may overflow. I know it has sensors inside that work off the water height, just saying that the sensor may get gack over it and not work right.

But it's definitely a wait and see product for me. I want to see all of the safety and backup precautions first and hear from people that have had it at least 6 months. Everything has pros and cons to it. I just want to see the cons before getting a flood ;).

Last edited:

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with Jack for well over an hour the other day re the product. He really impressed me, and assuming the product reflects the thought he’s put into it, it should be a real winner. I’m definitely on board.

platax88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with Jack for well over an hour the other day re the product. He really impressed me, and assuming the product reflects the thought he’s put into it, it should be a real winner. I’m definitely on board.

Thanks Ken! I enjoyed talking to you

Karen at

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw it and got an in-depth demonstration at RAP Orlando. I can’t wait for it to come out. It will fit in a filter sock or has a bracket to hold it. You can block off the other inlets if desired so you don’t need to buy multiples but will need to replace your paper more often. It will work the same way as the rollermat just take up less room and hopefully not get weighted down like the rollermat does.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back