Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get the one with the motor lol your going to be spending the same thing regardless [emoji1]

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching closely. I am going to wait before pulling the trigger.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This looks really cool! Hopefully someone with a Trigger sump tries it out and posts so I can decide whether or not to try one out! :D

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Socks are an annoying chore for sure. I cant stand felt socks, too much maintenance. I use mesh, which do help mechanical filtration keeping the water clean and it is super easy to clean, in less than 30” I clean both 4” ones from my sump. I clean them 1-2x a week. Sometimes only 1x and I see no difference in the water quality.

What is the purpose of the Klir? Will you see difference in nitrates in the tank? Folks running Triton completely got rid of socks...the idea is food waste is needed for balance. I guess $250 is the price for not cleaning socks anymore?

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess it will work for all the people not doing the Triton method
My point was Triton says they think waste is necessary to health of a system, therefore they removed the socks.

I asked benefit to the system of running the Klir. I can understand some dont want to change socks, it is an undesirable chore. Benefits beyond the convenience factor is what Im wondering

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think it’s mostly for people who use socks and hate changing and also for people who are trying to achieve crystal clear water

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s quite a few Red Sea owners, holding off until the bracket is available. By that time there should be some real time reviews hopefully posted here.

ray murry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s quite a few Red Sea owners, holding off until the bracket is available. By that time there should be some real time reviews hopefully posted here.
The klir filter looks nice, but you cant put enough water through it and if you have multiple socks you will need multiple units. not cost effective IMPO .

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does 800 gph which is a lot , plus if you factor in water cost on cleaning the socks , electricity cost on running the washer , products to clean the socks and the in tangible which is not having to spend time changing the socks out and washing them = more time enjoying your reef. [emoji1]

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since these are now in retail channels and being used, it's not so great to see the retail fleece cost is %40 higher than the RAP marketing was letting on in April. "Replacement fleece is $10 each!'

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since these are now in retail channels and being used, it's not so great to see the retail fleece cost is %40 higher than the RAP marketing was letting on in April. "Replacement fleece is $10 each!'

And it’s only 25 yard of the 4” version. The 7” version is probably going to be much more expensive.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it’s only 25 yard of the 4” version. The 7” version is probably going to be much more expensive.
We'll see soon :)
klir-7.jpg

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
250 per filter sock replacement along with 40 in fabric seems steep. I’d rather clean socks. I have three filter socks on my system. I could never spend 750 on that.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back