Any wet shavers?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always hated shaving.. but a quality soap, a good razor, and you're in business.

Doesn't have to be expensive, much cheaper than Gillette disposables for sure.

But a good soap will make all the difference, even for disposables.

8e003f1dea283217a8344f6d3ce41bb7.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes all the difference right?!

I went down the hobby side lol.. I didn't spent nearly as much as I have on corals, but Ive got what most would consider a modest collection. I'm at 2 razors, 2 brushes, and 11 soaps.

I definitely didn't stay on the inexpensive side like I had planned.

If you're always irritated by shaving, look into a safety razor and a good soap. I didn't do it on the cheap because I like hobbies... But YOU definitely can!

Edited to include my den.
e44d11d77e36526abbc9d7893777ccb1.jpg

Last edited:

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I’ll never go back to a cartridge razor again. It’s such a close shave and relaxing. If others haven’t tried it they are missing out. It’s not a slap cream on yourself and shave it takes a few minutes longer but those couple minutes are worth it IMO. And yeah I have a a few 1 in the 100$ range others very modest. I like to go to yard sales or old estate sales and find old ones well built like my grandfather used to use.

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My doctor put me on blood thinners about a year ago and suggested I stop shaving with a razor. I very rarely cut myself (maybe once per year) but my wife ran out and bought me a wet/dry electric shaver. I still use my shaving lotions and soaps, but no more razors. Her peace of mind is more important... But man I miss a super close shave! Electric just isn't the same...

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shave in the shower and buy my blades from Harry's online and since I started shaving in the shower I haven't cut myself! In fact I even purchased a travel mirror which I fill with hot water and attaches to either a glass shower door or smooth wall tile for when I am on the road. ;)

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched to a safety razor a few years ago and I’ll never go back to cartridge. Takes a bit longer but so much less irritating to my skin. Just got a goat milk soap bar from someone who makes them in my town, looking forward to testing it. She makes an aftershave balm that is fantastic too. Tempted to add a hot towel to my routine as well.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you guys get your safety razors? A particular brand that's better? Blade sources?
Maggards Razors. They have everything. Their in house brand razors are actually quite nice. A good starter razor would be a Parker 23c, and good blades would be feathers or persona reds.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back