OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the switch to a safety razor was very cathartic for me, wish i'd done it much, much sooner. i'm still using the cheapest can of barbasol i can find though, so talk me into these soaps. not sure i'm into the whole brush and soap thing, but i'm willing to listen.
To but it bluntly -- if you think the razor made a difference, wait until you try a soap..

You don't have to get $40 artisan soaps. One good $20 soap will last you 100 shaves easily. A good synthetic brush is $15 or so.

The soap is a bigger game changer alone than the razor is.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shave in the shower with bar soap and what ever razor was on sale last time. No mirror required. I have had this face a long time.

^^^This^^^ A Gillette Mach3 blade lasts me about a month. Sure, it gets a little, um, plucky towards the end but that just tells me it's time for a new one.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^This^^^ A Gillette Mach3 blade lasts me about a month. Sure, it gets a little, um, plucky towards the end but that just tells me it's time for a new one.

Sure, they work but you could also get a better shave with a blade that costs 15 cents and last just as long. Or, for the same as you're paying for Mach 3 blades, you could have a small army of nice blades with a non-plucky (lol) shave each time :) Those blade manufacturers are pirates! You can still shave in the shower with them if you like, just not as nice afterwards.

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The soap and brush has become a morning ritual for me. It does take a bit more time to complete the shave. It has been a game changer for me when it comes to shaving. Quality soaps will have added oils and conditioners added while processing. This will exponentially help the post shave feel. While the brush helps raise and soften the hairs for a proper shave. Makes your skin feel baby smooth if done right, ime.

I used to use a Gillette Mach 5 with the goop in a can.

i'm a 48 year old man, i don't think anything on me is supposed to feel baby smooth.

To but it bluntly -- if you think the razor made a difference, wait until you try a soap..

You don't have to get $40 artisan soaps. One good $20 soap will last you 100 shaves easily. A good synthetic brush is $15 or so.

The soap is a bigger game changer alone than the razor is.

so i guess i can't just use my kirkland bar soap. i may give this a whorl.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow a beard. You will have more time and money. I used to shave in the shower, if I shaved in the sink I’d bleed. Besides a beard will hide the double chin nicely. I am so happy every time I see the razors at Costco or target that I’m done with them. I however am a marine contractor and don’t need to shave for an office job.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm a 48 year old man, i don't think anything on me is supposed to feel baby smooth.

so i guess i can't just use my kirkland bar soap. i may give this a whorl.

I have $40 Mitchels Wool Fat Pucks, a pile of $20 soaps and I still reach for my $5 Arko stick all the time when I'm in a rush

https://www.amazon.com/Arko-Shaving-Soap-Stick-Gram/dp/B002A5OLHQ

Try this for $5. You just rub the stick right on your beard, then use the brush to lather it up. It's no nonsense, no fancy scents and quick. The five buck stick will outlast ten cans of crappy shaving cream...

After the Arko hooks you, post back when you are ready for more suggestions...

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have $40 Mitchels Wool Fat Pucks, a pile of $20 soaps and I still reach for my $5 Arko stick all the time when I'm in a rush

https://www.amazon.com/Arko-Shaving-Soap-Stick-Gram/dp/B002A5OLHQ

Try this for $5. You just rub the stick right on your beard, then use the brush to lather it up. It's no nonsense, no fancy scents and quick. The five buck stick will outlast ten cans of crappy shaving cream...

After the Arko hooks you, post back when you are ready for more suggestions...

done, i got 3 sticks for $6 though :D

and a brush and stand too

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned to shave with a safety razor. I remember the blood flowing freely every morning.

If that's the case, I wouldn't actually say you "learned". It's called a safety razor for a reason, it's very hard to cut yourself with it. Technique and better blades would be the issue

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you might appreciate this
2019031621174992-IMG_0856-X2.jpg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love a good shave, but its a luxury for me. I just don't normally have the time.
So electric it is for my face.
My head on the other hand... once a week in the shower. ;)

Here's my setup though. I look at it longingly ever time i brush my teeth and apologize for not giving it any love. lol

i-fvffrcR-XL.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back