OP
OP
B

BringingThatDottyback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what was it doing? perched on the bottom, or resting? - too much snout for a blenny - not a flathead perch, a basslet, but what species..

did you buy it? I would have - smile
I wanted to buy it but I got a blenny instead. And now if you look at my other recent post my melanurus killed my lantern bass so Im worried even if it is still at store any new basslet will meet the same fate.... sigh. Time to start a Carribean fowlr tank.

On the bright side I think I did find out what it was. 99% sure this is same fish in photo.

Pygmy seabass​

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to buy it but I got a blenny instead. And now if you look at my other recent post my melanurus killed my lantern bass so Im worried even if it is still at store any new basslet will meet the same fate.... sigh. Time to start a Carribean fowlr tank.

On the bright side I think I did find out what it was. 99% sure this is same fish in photo.

Pygmy seabass​

Looks just like the pic! I think you found it!

OP
OP
B

BringingThatDottyback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back to the store today and he was still there so I got him haha. Have him in this acclimation box to see how wrasse and hawkfish respond. Worst case scenario he might end up as the first fish in new tank I'm setting up.

Attachments

• 20220319_181933.jpg
    20220319_181933.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 30

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back to the store today and he was still there so I got him haha. Have him in this acclimation box to see how wrasse and hawkfish respond. Worst case scenario he might end up as the first fish in new tank I'm setting up.
I highly doubt wrasses and hawkfish will touch him if I’m honest

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pygmy seabass​

Yes, it is a pygmy seabass, Serraniculus pumilio. They are variable in color, but the white blotch on the caudal peduncle is the clear way to ID these.

Jay

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back