Anyone else having problems?

sedgro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up my Hydros Wave Engine today. I have had several problems:

1) the link you provide on the instruction card (www.coralvuehydros.com/getstarted) is an empty link. The QR code works though.

2) my controller boots up fine and begins “breathing blue”. I can find the SSID of the Hydros initially but my iPhone 11 never will connect to it. The hydros SSID disappears from my available networks after about 60 sec and never shows back up. I have done several hard resets as noted on the website but the Hydros network never returns. The only way to get it back is to unplug the Hydros for about 30 sec. Also, the Hydros network disappears even if I don’t try to connect to it. Any ideas? Do I have a bad controller?

3) when doing a hard reset with a magnet my Hydros never “breathes yellow” (when I am supposed to remove the magnet?) as described on your website. It goes through the boot sequence and then starts “breathing blue”. Not sure if this means anything.

OP
OP
sedgro

sedgro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashing blue

Attachments

• IMG_2799.MOV
    3.5 MB
OP
OP
sedgro

sedgro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Available networks

D99629DD-AB4E-455B-B6FA-DA1497C3C4A1.png

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
sedgro

sedgro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? ...no offense, but do you honestly think I would type out all of the detail above without having watched the video or read through the directions? This type of snarky, unhelpful comment is exactly why I never post anything on these forums. I will just email coralvue directly. Forgive me for asking if any other hobbyists were having the same problem and could provide a solution.

moderators please just delete this thread

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really? ...no offense, but do you honestly think I would type out all of the detail above without having watched the video or read through the directions? This type of snarky, unhelpful comment is exactly why I never post anything on these forums. I will just email coralvue directly. Forgive me for asking if any other hobbyists were having the same problem and could provide a solution.

moderators please just delete this thread

I apologize that it came across as " snarky" - that couldn't be further from my intent. @Jeff@CoralVue frequents this forum and should be able to provide a specific answer or get you directly to the correct person at CoralVue to help you resolve the issue. @shred5 is a user that also has a WaveEngine and may be able to add some insights.

Last edited:

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up my Hydros Wave Engine today. I have had several problems:

1) the link you provide on the instruction card (www.coralvuehydros.com/getstarted) is an empty link. The QR code works though.

2) my controller boots up fine and begins “breathing blue”. I can find the SSID of the Hydros initially but my iPhone 11 never will connect to it. The hydros SSID disappears from my available networks after about 60 sec and never shows back up. I have done several hard resets as noted on the website but the Hydros network never returns. The only way to get it back is to unplug the Hydros for about 30 sec. Also, the Hydros network disappears even if I don’t try to connect to it. Any ideas? Do I have a bad controller?

3) when doing a hard reset with a magnet my Hydros never “breathes yellow” (when I am supposed to remove the magnet?) as described on your website. It goes through the boot sequence and then starts “breathing blue”. Not sure if this means anything.

I am very sorry to hear you are having trouble with the WaveEngine setup. Please email us at [email protected] so we can assist you. It's after hours for us, so unfortunately support will not reply until the morning. Thank you in advance for your patience. We'll take care of you, I promise!

OP
OP
sedgro

sedgro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes-ETM. Nthe video just shows the lights pulsing blue.

DeltecUSA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having nearly the same issue (and went through the same troubleshooting attempts you did) except my iPhone isn’t even seeing the Hydros network. I have emailed support but was wondering if you were able to get it to work.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having nearly the same issue (and went through the same troubleshooting attempts you did) except my iPhone isn’t even seeing the Hydros network. I have emailed support but was wondering if you were able to get it to work.
Is this a WaveEngine with the ETM chip?

DeltecUSA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as an update, Carlos from Coralvue sent me an email shortly after I sent CV an email regarding my issue. It ended up with him asking if he could call me to resolve it, which he did at about 5:30 last night (Sunday). Fantastic customer service. Turns out it’s a chip issue with communication with Ecotech pumps and an updated WE will be sent to me next week.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as an update, Carlos from Coralvue sent me an email shortly after I sent CV an email regarding my issue. It ended up with him asking if he could call me to resolve it, which he did at about 5:30 last night (Sunday). Fantastic customer service. Turns out it’s a chip issue with communication with Ecotech pumps and an updated WE will be sent to me next week.
That’s awesome! I’m thinking about going all CV with my new tank including the Control4. This is reassuring. How are you liking it so far?

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems mine will connect ( i think it does because i have a screen come up that show power consumption and other things ) but my light never resets it stays blue. i am getting frustrated trying to set this up ;-(

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems mine will connect ( i think it does because i have a screen come up that show power consumption and other things ) but my light never resets it stays blue. i am getting frustrated trying to set this up ;-(

Sorry for your trouble! Please email us at [email protected] and we'll walk you through the installation!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back