TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to good old plain.

very nice serving tray.

It would be great if you were close by, I have all kinds of small pieces that I save the would make nice project like these end grain projects. It just piles up and I need to get rid of the wood. As all woodworkers do we save the scrap for ????:D:D

To get into a consistent end-grain pattern, it usually has to be about 24" long :(. I use my scraps for small box-jointed tea boxes and pens :)

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you mention it.... was doing some planing on smaller walnut boards this afternoon.

(Stanley 191 Sweetheart pictured, a restoration of mine)

kc8zRdL.jpg

My favorite end-grain project recently was a custom order, a walnut and Purple Heart serving tray. Serving tray entails thinner (lighter) than I would normally make a cutting board

D5aYkG9.jpg
That’s a nice one. I love black walnut!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill trade you corals/reef goodies :D

I would have to the pushing up daisy, to give away my plains.

What is great about Orlando, is finding the hidden gem at a estate sale or a garage sale. I actually might have one that you would be interested in restoring. Let me get a picture and let me know if you would like it to have and restore.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to the pushing up daisy, to give away my plains.

What is great about Orlando, is finding the hidden gem at a estate sale or a garage sale. I actually might have one that you would be interested in restoring. Let me get a picture and let me know if you would like it to have and restore.

Oh ****, that sounds sweet. Let me know- even better that you’re in Florida. I can overnight you some corals in exchange :).

(Or a cutting board?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do some woodworking, but nothing lately. Here's one photo. And I used to write for a woodworking magazine. This table is outside because I used lacquer to finish it, which stinks with a crash. Nothing as advanced as you guys.

IMG_2005.JPG
Very nice!!

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple of radiator covers that I recently built that match the design of my aquarium stand and the customers existing woodwork; and I have to build this customer an aquarium stand to match the oak version.

44750466130_3fff3cab1f_b.jpg

45844207344_04bca8150b_b.jpg
Wow that is awesome!

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, guys.
I really like them too. I don't have any radiators in my house, but I wouldn't mind having one for two of them decorating my home.

I really like this style. What style would you call this... prarie house, craftsman, or arts & craft?
Yes. ;)
I'm a fan of FLW and Greene & Greene. Since I couldn't make up my mind on which one to choose, I blended them together; somewhat. In conversation, I call it craftsman or Arts & Crafts but there's no real definitive classification. I have plans to use this design style when I remodel our kitchen; and other woodwork in the house; someday.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fan of FLW and Greene & Greene. Since I couldn't make up my mind on which one to choose, I blended them together; somewhat. In conversation, I call it craftsman or Arts & Crafts but there's no real definitive classification. I have plans to use this design style when I remodel our kitchen; and other woodwork in the house; someday.
Yes I like their stuff too! Yeah if you added a radius to that bottom rail and reverse tapered the legs then you'd basically be building FLW furniture lol .

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so not on par with you talented folks, but I had someone contact me looking for some custom shadow boxes. Wanted them out of cherry. So I picked up some rough stock and put these together. Three boxes for his three daughters. The pictures aren't the best but there is a light in each as well. On the back I made a holder for the light remote and to hold a flash drive.

So I started with this:

20181103_095704.jpg

And ended with three of these:

Completed Shadow Box - Angle View.JPG

Completed Shadow Box - Front View 1.JPG
Completed Shadow Box - Rear View.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back