Anyone enjoy woodworking?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it has positive stops for different angles. It is off to the side so I had room for the mantle. I was just using it for a table there to glue the 2 X 8s together.

Very nice.

Have any old hand planes? I love em.... been collecting slowly over time.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been putting in this "electric" fireplace. We moved to a Condo and I am not allowed to put in a real one. Besides I have no chimney. My last home had a real fireplace but I have to live with what I now have.

All I have left to do on this is install the stone hearth at the bottom which will open on hydraulics for storage. (really electric lifts)

The wall is 1/8th" steel plates. I ground them to have those swirls. The black thing at the bottom is the TV sound bar

It started like this. The entire thing is also on wheels so I can move it away from the wall for maintenance, painting and when I hide from my wife.

I cut the steel with an electric sheers as a tin snips won't cut it.

The mantel is 8 2X8s glued together and "hollowed" out to fit on the fireplace.

The "Stovepipe was from a copper gutter.

I bent it round and held it in place with these.
Beautiful work Paul. Just beautiful. I like the mix of wood and copper.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably have some planes from the 20s. They were my Dads, but I would have to look for them

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been putting in this "electric" fireplace. We moved to a Condo and I am not allowed to put in a real one. Besides I have no chimney. My last home had a real fireplace but I have to live with what I now have.

All I have left to do on this is install the stone hearth at the bottom which will open on hydraulics for storage. (really electric lifts)

The wall is 1/8th" steel plates. I ground them to have those swirls. The black thing at the bottom is the TV sound bar

It started like this. The entire thing is also on wheels so I can move it away from the wall for maintenance, painting and when I hide from my wife.

I cut the steel with an electric sheers as a tin snips won't cut it.

The mantel is 8 2X8s glued together and "hollowed" out to fit on the fireplace.

The "Stovepipe was from a copper gutter.

I bent it round and held it in place with these.
As usual Paul, very impress work!!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so nice that my dust collector is plumbed outside. Basically makes it a mulch-maker :)

ukEkGwV.jpg

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As usual Paul, very impress work!!

I am trying to find two big Mooses. I mean big guys to help me carry the hearth stone up a flight of stairs. It is about 250lbs and all my friends are Geezers. I have two guys that I am trying to get here, one of them is 6'7" and can carry it himself, they are just busy now, but when ever I get them, I can finish this thing. I have a Steamer Trunk from 1980 that I want to refurbish for a trunk in my living room. :D

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find two big Mooses. I mean big guys to help me carry the hearth stone up a flight of stairs. It is about 250lbs and all my friends are Geezers. I have two guys that I am trying to get here, one of them is 6'7" and can carry it himself, they are just busy now, but when ever I get them, I can finish this thing. I have a Steamer Trunk from 1980 that I want to refurbish for a trunk in my living room. :D

How about a couple of movers, from the local moving company? The steam trunk sound cool.

We are doing a install at the house this week, with a @dbl inspired design, pictures to follow;):D. Here is a teaser
+A3CCRRCTWaYeo00mJUjfw.jpg

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Install My pantry on the 4th. I will make the trim moldings and floor moldings next week and I should be done.

AyR1LlhvSby9K0QSkmHcog.jpg VUuruWHiQ6C3KzQVpfYWqA.jpg PAz%gOpJT7q1hvi4TnY0zA.jpg
Adding hardware tomorrow and we need to pick a paint color for the entire house to change the color back to one color.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Install My pantry on the 4th. I will make the trim moldings and floor moldings next week and I should be done.

AyR1LlhvSby9K0QSkmHcog.jpg VUuruWHiQ6C3KzQVpfYWqA.jpg PAz%gOpJT7q1hvi4TnY0zA.jpg
Adding hardware tomorrow and we need to pick a paint color for the entire house to change the color back to one color.
Nice work!

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before
sC7fKlyITeiBzQdv9TdBjA.jpg

In the process
VUuruWHiQ6C3KzQVpfYWqA.jpg
Fin
of03lNbXR3O1isWSn5vJ6A.jpg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished restoring this 160 Year old Steamer Chest. I think it came out pretty good. I used all the existing metal, wood, hinges, lock, latches etc but Had to buy some more cut nails. The entire thing was put together with about a thousand nails that were purposely to long and were bent over for strength. I lined the inside with cedar so i was able to get longer nails that went into the cedar. I found nails that were made individually on a machine from the same time period so the thing is pretty authentic. I also replaced the handles and the OD green canvas with a light brown one also from the same period that I got from a place that sells authentic chest parts. I added wheels because now it is real heavy.

This is the old chest as I got it.

I also have a "Victor Talking Box" record player from about 1910. That was before RCA merged with Victor making RCA Victor. It is on top of my Ice Box from the same time period.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back