Anyone have a aquaone reefsys

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 nano reefs, I am looking at my options as to upgrading at some point in the future and was wondering if anyone had any experience with reefsys tanks.
I've been looking online but and am struggling to find much information on them, I'm looking at getting the 255 liter tank with some AI primes for lighting. What is everyone's opinions on aquaone? I have heard mixed thing about them so I'm looking for people who actually own ones opinion. Have you made any modifications to it?
They seem like pretty good value for what you get, I'm looking at £800 for the tank, sump, stand and pipework. Also open to other suggestions of tanks to look at, I've looked at red sea reefers aswell

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the 120L version, my main complaints are only 1 drain into the sump, not great sump design and the corner overflow depending on where you want to put the tank this could be a benefit however.
Plus the skimmers are essentially a freebee, they need to be recalibrated often and its extremely difficult if not impossible to take the skimmer cup off, I've never been able to do it but heard of them being taken off but I'm also worried about breaking it.

Modifications I've done are replacing the lighting, pumps, skimmer and don't bother changing the filter sock anymore. Also thinking of moving one of the baffles to fit a claarisea and skimmer.

When I just checked are you talking about the brilliance 100 which is 225L or the mini reef 215 which comes with the sump but is 215L?
I'm looking at getting the 255 liter tank with some AI primes for lighting.

I'm looking at £800 for the tank, sump, stand and pipework. Also open to other suggestions of tanks to look at, I've looked at red sea reefers aswell

If I could start again I would probably have saved a little more and gone with a waterbox or Red Sea, Cade is a good option to if you are not limited on width.

overall, they are a good unit especially for the price, however a lot of the equipment gets replaced over time and the hinges can get rusty and I don't like the sump design.

OP
OP
LxHowler

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the 120L version, my main complaints are only 1 drain into the sump, not great sump design and the corner overflow depending on where you want to put the tank this could be a benefit however.
Plus the skimmers are essentially a freebee, they need to be recalibrated often and its extremely difficult if not impossible to take the skimmer cup off, I've never been able to do it but heard of them being taken off but I'm also worried about breaking it.

Modifications I've done are replacing the lighting, pumps, skimmer and don't bother changing the filter sock anymore. Also thinking of moving one of the baffles to fit a claarisea and skimmer.

When I just checked are you talking about the brilliance 100 which is 225L or the mini reef 215 which comes with the sump but is 215L?

If I could start again I would probably have saved a little more and gone with a waterbox or Red Sea, Cade is a good option to if you are not limited on width.

overall, they are a good unit especially for the price, however a lot of the equipment gets replaced over time and the hinges can get rusty and I don't like the sump design.
Thanks for the great response. I am not rushing to buy a new tank so might save the extra for a red sea, I've seen lots of people with these. I was just enticed by the price of aqua one
Screenshot_20200611-115503.jpg

This is the tank that I was looking at

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I hadn’t seen that range yet my bad, from some quick research it’s only out in the UK, I don’t know enough about this new range to comment as I’ve never seen one in person I’ve just seen their other ranges but by the look of it it’s replacing their aqua reef range however which are similar to the minireef’s just bigger and taller.

it looks like they will have a gate valve, two overflow pipes and a redesigned sump and centralised weir With lots of cabinet finish options so definately a good option and an improvement from what I see on their website

OP
OP
LxHowler

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I hadn’t seen that range yet my bad, from some quick research it’s only out in the UK, I don’t know enough about this new range to comment as I’ve never seen one in person I’ve just seen their other ranges but by the look of it it’s replacing their aqua reef range however which are similar to the minireef’s just bigger and taller.

it looks like they will have a gate valve, two overflow pipes and a redesigned sump and centralised weir With lots of cabinet finish options so definately a good option and an improvement from what I see on their website
Thanks, I didn't realise it was a UK only. I think I am going to wait until I can find a shop with one on display to look at before I make my final decision as nobody seems to have one yet. Thanks for the help

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I didn't realise it was a UK only. I think I am going to wait until I can find a shop with one on display to look at before I make my final decision as nobody seems to have one yet. Thanks for the help
Sounds like a good plan, could you reply to this thread with your first impressions when you see one on display?

Back