Anyone keep blue spot ribbon ray?

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wondering how successful people have been lately with the ribbon rays. For thoses with success, do you think it would be possible to have them successfully in an open large reef (300+gal)? It's really just a thought for down the road

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know what you mean by "lately". There is no evidence to indicate the collection methods or hardiness of the species has changed since they arrive in the hobby. They are a delicate ray. One day they are eating and fine, the next day they are dead. You will always be taking a gamble purchasing one.

OP
OP
Kmsutows

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know what you mean by "lately". There is no evidence to indicate the collection methods or hardiness of the species has changed since they arrive in the hobby. They are a delicate ray. One day they are eating and fine, the next day they are dead. You will always be taking a gamble purchasing one.
What I meant was perhaps better techniques of feeding or caring for them? Or as you mentioned better sources perhaps. Thanks for your response. Do you ha e any good sources to read up on them and their care?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back