anyone know ow about sea slugs?

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I have a 30 gallon tank and I'm looking to get a sea slug. Not sure what kind, kinda hoping you guys can help me out with that. I don't wanna get anything and have it die or eaten or eat aNY of mu corals. I dont know anthing about sea slugs..in my tank I 1 clown fish
2 banggai cardinals
1 scooter blenny
1 blue and yellow damsel
1 LTA
Duncan's
Zoas
Hammer corals
Frogspawn
Orange Monti cap
Candy canes
Xenia
Favia
Yellow finger sea fans
1 sand sifter starfish

Thanks for the help. And thanks for reading..

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are often very specialized feeders and have a proclivity for getting sucked into powerheads. I would pass if I were you.

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a ring or money cowrie if you want a cool little creature. They do not bother coral, only grow to about an inch or so, and are the best algae eaters. They will clean rock of green hair algae to the bone, plus they don't displace corals. Beware of other cowries, though, as most if not all may eat coral.

jamie callard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 in my 90 and they seam to do fine. They dont bother any corals that i have

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. What kind do you have..do any are there fish I should watch out for?

jamie callard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lettuce Sea Slug is what i have i would keep it in a tank with lots of live rock and good light source. Not sure if there are fish that eat them i have a tang, an angle, clowns, fire, dottyback, hawk, goby, anthias, for fish with no issues.

audikers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks
I have a lettuce nudibranch and I love him! He eats algea. You have to turn off all the power heads and filters when you put him in the tank because he is soft and will float around. Once he hits the bottom he will stay out. He crawls all over my live rock! Love him!

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such an awesome array of beautiful colors with nudibranches, they really are a magnificent addition to the coral reef. I've kept several different varieties in my tank over the past several years, but unfortunately I've never had long term success with most. A few months at best. So beautiful though. The lettuce nudibranches are probably the most common to find.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your little guy still alive? After one month my guys crawled to the top of the tank, posted up and started to shrivel away. :(
yea so far so good. Must love algae in the tank i think I and I do wonder about over competition for food from other cuc. fingers still crossed.

Manchild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touching on Audikers reply above "my fiancé", our lettuce nudibranch is awesome! Doesn't bother my Coral and our puffer and clown leave him be. Definitely use caution when turning your power heads,filters and skimmers "if you have any HOB" on and off. I have all hang on back accessories so I just make sure I see him and know he is secured to somthing prior to powering on any equipment. I used some black sponge filter and modified my HOB filter with the black sponge inside the filter to prevent him from being sucked up, my skimmer already came with the sponge attached so he's pretty safe, only once did I forget to check his whereabouts and came back to see him being tumbled like he was in the dryer LOL. It was only for a couple seconds though!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touching on Audikers reply above "my fiancé", our lettuce nudibranch is awesome! Doesn't bother my Coral and our puffer and clown leave him be. Definitely use caution when turning your power heads,filters and skimmers "if you have any HOB" on and off. I have all hang on back accessories so I just make sure I see him and know he is secured to somthing prior to powering on any equipment. I used some black sponge filter and modified my HOB filter with the black sponge inside the filter to prevent him from being sucked up, my skimmer already came with the sponge attached so he's pretty safe, only once did I forget to check his whereabouts and came back to see him being tumbled like he was in the dryer LOL. It was only for a couple seconds though!
yup. nem guards.

also research what each individual eats.

Manchild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Greek goddess are another beautiful species, HOWEVER, their diet consists of sponges and red ones typically. As badly as I want one I'm just afraid of it destroying my tank one small bite at a time :(

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back