Anyone run the Jebao DCP-10000 externally?

Prevailing Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2014
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
1,065
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be running 2 of the Jebao DCP10000 in my sump and was thinking about running one on my mixing station to act as a backup as well.

Anyone have problems with these leaking when used externally?
 
I run a DCP 6500 to run my mixing station externally and it works great with no leaks at all.
 
I ran a DCT 4000 externally and it worked well for 18 months, no leaks but I did have some salt creep on the threads when I took it down, so I think it was starting to get a very slow leak over time.
 
Folk any one have any guidance on the internal “o ring” placement ? Everything way running smoothly. After 8months I decided to clean it out. When I put is back together I am getting a leak through the internal “o-ring”. I thought I put it back correctly but obviously not.
Any photos on internal “o-ring” placement. There seems to be a large gap but. Not sure any more
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new