Anything I can do for him?

Aldebaran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone,

my beautiful bird wrasse was hit on the nose buy to dog face puffer. His injury healed and after a while there was some sort of growth on his nose (where he was bit). The growth is out of control now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

8CF916A4-96BC-4347-979F-61BE8FED312A.jpeg AC68B9D3-400E-406E-BEAB-788BFCC1C3DE.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! How long did that take to grow? I wonder of the puffer bite and this is not closely related? Male bird wrasses commonly develop these growths on their snouts in captivity. Nobody knows the reason, but wild male bird wrasse don't seem to develop them. Since it is only the super males that get this, I've always wondered if it is some build up of hormones in the water that then causes the growth? I don't know of any treatment, fish can live with it for years, but I've never seen a growth as large as that one.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Aldebaran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! How long did that take to grow? I wonder of the puffer bite and this is not closely related? Male bird wrasses commonly develop these growths on their snouts in captivity. Nobody knows the reason, but wild male bird wrasse don't seem to develop them. Since it is only the super males that get this, I've always wondered if it is some build up of hormones in the water that then causes the growth? I don't know of any treatment, fish can live with it for years, but I've never seen a growth as large as that one.

Jay
Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delay in mine, it didn’t notify me of the message.
That’s interesting to know. He could not see his food anymore and I believe it was weighing him down. He passed away a few days ago.
I had him for 5 years, he was my first fish

Back