Apex disconnected from fusion

NathanandAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Our family went out of town over Thanksgiving, everything was running fine with our Apex (previous version not sure of name) and when we got back I couldn't log in on Fusion. Then I noticed it had been disconnected for over 24 hours blah blah. Its not uncommon for me since we use the wifi gaming adapter for it to lose connectivity. I tried restarting in net setup, powercycling the router, and even connecting it with the good old ethernet cable. It will not connect to fusion.
I don't know if the issues are related but the temp and ph probes are both giving false readings temp reads 19.3 and ph is 1.56.
I am stumped and don't know what to try next. Any advice is appreciated its been a couple weeks and I'm not finding anything.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried logging in to the local console at http://apex.local to see if it's responding? If that doesn't work, check your router to see if you can find the IP address it assigned to your Apex (assuming the Apex is configured for DHCP), then try connecting directly to that IP address: http://x.x.x.x

NMdesertReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should call customers support, might have to schedule a service call but it's worth it they help me out a lot.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two suggestions above are good ones. It sounds like there is more than one issue and it's unclear if they're related.
If you can connect through Apex Local, then you can try configuring your Apex for a static IP address, which could solve the problem if your router isn't giving the Apex a proper address from DHCP for some reason.
Also, using wifi extenders, powerline wifi adapters, etc with Apex often results in problems. If your Apex can't get a good signal from your current router, might be time to consider upgrading to a mesh system like the Netgear Orbi (which works extremely well with Apex systems.)

OP
OP
N

NathanandAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I still haven’t been able to connect. I looked at the instructions for configuring the apex for a static ip but don’t have the confidence to attempt it. Anybody have a phone number or email for their tech support?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 127 48.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.2%
Back