Apex EB832 Help!

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just completed doing my water change. Like always, I go into Fusion and shut down the pumps, lights, etc on one of my EB's. Well when I went to turn everything back on, that EB is clicking VERY loudly and everything connected to it is flashing and going nuts. I unplugged it for a few seconds and tried again, however the same thing happened. What can I do?

I have another EB I can connect, but is there a way to clone that one or do I have to go in and setup everything again?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should check all of your AquaBus ports and AquaBus cables for any corrosion. If you find corrosion, even on an unused AquaBus port, it can cause communications problems across your whole Apex setup.

There is no way to clone an EnergyBar. If you swap it out, you will need to copy and paste all the programming from the old outputs to the new outputs, one by one.

OP
OP
C

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should check all of your AquaBus ports and AquaBus cables for any corrosion. If you find corrosion, even on an unused AquaBus port, it can cause communications problems across your whole Apex setup.

There is no way to clone an EnergyBar. If you swap it out, you will need to copy and paste all the programming from the old outputs to the new outputs, one by one.
So I can plug in the new one, and then just copy and paste one by one from the old one and then delete it from the system?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can plug in the new one, and then just copy and paste one by one from the old one and then delete it from the system?
Yes. Be sure if you have any other programming that references the names of any original EB832 outputs, that you update that programming to reference the name of the replacement output.

OP
OP
C

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Be sure if you have any other programming that references the names of any original EB832 outputs, that you update that programming to reference the name of the replacement output.
Well, I went to change it out and after unplugging everything, it powered back up...

Not feeling very confident in it now.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went to change it out and after unplugging everything, it powered back up...

Not feeling very confident in it now.

I‘d try to reconnect everything again and see if it continues to work properly. Did you have anything connected to the 1link ports? Those are connected to the aquabus as well, so a misbehaving 1link device or bad 1link connection could cause weird issues.

OP
OP
C

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘d try to reconnect everything again and see if it continues to work properly. Did you have anything connected to the 1link ports? Those are connected to the aquabus as well, so a misbehaving 1link device or bad 1link connection could cause weird issues.
Well I tried reconnecting and all was fine until I tried to switch back on the skimmer pumps, then it began going nuts again. So I've plugged in the new one now and am programming it so see what happens. Fingers crossed.

uninformed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to do this to RMA the EB832 that came with my original unit (Sep 2020 purchase). Fortunately, my system isn’t that complicated yet. The best advice I read before I did it was to rename the current outputs with an extra character on the end, then rename the new ones with the names you want so that it’s easier to track.

One question I do have though, is how do you completely delete the outputs after the energy bar is gone? I’ve deleted them from the output list, but they still show as options in the charts? Will they just stay there until the data ages out?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to do this to RMA the EB832 that came with my original unit (Sep 2020 purchase). Fortunately, my system isn’t that complicated yet. The best advice I read before I did it was to rename the current outputs with an extra character on the end, then rename the new ones with the names you want so that it’s easier to track.

One question I do have though, is how do you completely delete the outputs after the energy bar is gone? I’ve deleted them from the output list, but they still show as options in the charts? Will they just stay there until the data ages out?
Physical outputs cannot be deleted. You need to delete the disconnected Module to make the old outputs go away. Go into the configuration screen for the old EB832, and select "Delete" from the Action dropdown menu.

OP
OP
C

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, got it all swapped over and programmed. I'm not a small person and all my modules are mounted behind my stand. My wife usually climbs behind it. LOL

Everything is working now, I guess I'll be putting in a ticket tomorrow so I can get it fixed and have another spare on the shelf.

Thanks to everyone for their help, really appreciated.

uninformed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Physical outputs cannot be deleted. You need to delete the disconnected Module to make the old outputs go away. Go into the configuration screen for the old EB832, and select "Delete" from the Action dropdown menu.
Thanks. I already did that, but the outputs are still available for charting.

1607961466583.png

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I already did that, but the outputs are still available for charting.

1607961466583.png

It may be because there is still data there to chart from when it was connected. I believe that it retains the chart data for a week, so I’d wait a week and I imagine that once the old data has been purged the options will disappear.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 70 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back