Apex Neptune PH problem

AJI23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I had just upgraded my controller from reef keeper to the apex Neptune. I have tried to calibrate this ph probe so many times and have a phone call setup with Neptune’s in a few days. However I thought maybe one of you guys know the issue. I did a auto and manual calibration. I am using lab grade solution from biopharm which is the best and most accurate solution available. I’ve used the one Neptune supplied and also tried a miliwalkee solution. All the same outcome. It seams that the settled number is the number it’s calibrating to. So if I have it in the 7.0 solution it settles at 670 and 970 on the 10. When I place them in the solution I and .28 off. I even crossed checked with a ph pen readings are off. How do I fix this. I just spent over $1500 on this and I can’t even get it to read a simple ph reading. As u can see on the photo I have it in the 10.0 solution and it reads 9.67. This is way way off.

image.jpg

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I had just upgraded my controller from reef keeper to the apex Neptune. I have tried to calibrate this ph probe so many times and have a phone call setup with Neptune’s in a few days. However I thought maybe one of you guys know the issue. I did a auto and manual calibration. I am using lab grade solution from biopharm which is the best and most accurate solution available. I’ve used the one Neptune supplied and also tried a miliwalkee solution. All the same outcome. It seams that the settled number is the number it’s calibrating to. So if I have it in the 7.0 solution it settles at 670 and 970 on the 10. When I place them in the solution I and .28 off. I even crossed checked with a ph pen readings are off. How do I fix this. I just spent over $1500 on this and I can’t even get it to read a simple ph reading. As u can see on the photo I have it in the 10.0 solution and it reads 9.67. This is way way off.

image.jpg
i sometimes calibrate it a couple of times in the same solution.. that can help.. also going between solutions, make sure it is cleaned and dried off our you may be mixing them a little.. temp matters.. are the solutions at tank temp?

lastly.. it is entirely possible you got a dud probe.

OP
OP
AJI23

AJI23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t calibrate from solution to solution. I tried diff brands over the past week. I again attempted tonight and this time I reset the main head unit to clear old parameters and recalibrated. And this was the whole problem. I am now reading correctly after resetting and manual calibrating hope this helps others that run into this issue. Very frustrating.

Mawlbec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can think of 3 items to suggest to you that worked for me. I tend to have the same problem every time I calibrate (I’m also about the same values off).

I found that if you route the ph probe wire away from electrical wires or other probe wires (isolate it as best you can) it tends to read more accurately. Better said you eliminate potential interference...

Also, I’ve found if you simply restart the Apex immediately before you do any calibration, it tends to read more accurately.

Finally I’ve found manual calibration more accurate if you float the solution to temperature and do all of your calibrations with stable temperatures. In addition let the probe stabilize its readings in the manual calibration for about 5 to 7 minutes in each solution. Sometimes if my readings were still off I’d go back to resetting the Apex and trying again with the same open packet, it seems to read better.

Hope this helps let us know if you find anything out ;)

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t calibrate from solution to solution. I tried diff brands over the past week. I again attempted tonight and this time I reset the main head unit to clear old parameters and recalibrated. And this was the whole problem. I am now reading correctly after resetting and manual calibrating hope this helps others that run into this issue. Very frustrating.
sorry - good luck..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back