• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apex parts

HBO_Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex pm1 with ph probe 35.00 shipped
Apex jr with temp probe 75.00 shipped
Apex classic with temp probe 100.00

946BA3A6-C148-4978-ADF8-7636A9A0390E.jpeg B794A459-601E-4B99-A342-1AABD90EA4D0.jpeg 3A6B2E89-193D-4E2E-9ACC-40B8604F9B74.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won’t that Ph probe not be good since it’s dry?
I've heard that they will be ruined but I've also heard that if you soak them long enough they'll start working, and I have no idea which is true.
I was wanting to buy it for the module I didn't care about the probe, but I PMd OP and it is sold anyway.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that they will be ruined but I've also heard that if you soak them long enough they'll start working, and I have no idea which is true.
I was wanting to buy it for the module I didn't care about the probe, but I PMd OP and it is sold anyway.
I’m asking because a guy just sold me a apex EL and it was dry as a bone when I got it. Can’t find one anywhere online either.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m asking because a guy just sold me a apex EL and it was dry as a bone when I got it. Can’t find one anywhere online either.
I was looking for a used apex recently and that was one thing that I looked for and I wasn't going to buy unless the probes shipped wet. I ended up buying a new one and they come wet, so I would assume it would probably be best if they were to stay wet. I don't know if they're ruined if they dry out, I've heard it both ways, but neptune must think they need to stay wet since they ship them that way.

LuisPerez711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was looking for a used apex recently and that was one thing that I looked for and I wasn't going to buy unless the probes shipped wet. I ended up buying a new one and they come wet, so I would assume it would probably be best if they were to stay wet. I don't know if they're ruined if they dry out, I've heard it both ways, but neptune must think they need to stay wet since they ship them that way.

When the ph probe is dry, you will have to recondition/rehydrate it (don't know which word to use). You place it in your tank for a couple days, maybe a week, and then calibrate the probe. Recalibrate a week later and then at the end of the month. The probe should work just fine. They do not have to be wet. Keeping them moist just allows the film on the probe to not dry out. Once it drys out, you need to rehydrate it by creating that film again.

I received an apex with a probe the was sitting dry for over a year. I googled how to rehydrate and calibrate the probe. Followed the directions and the probe worked fine. 1 year later, the probe is still accurate. I tend to recalibrate every 6 months.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back