APEX vs. GHL: Let's Discuss the Differences, Pros & Cons

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#3) I see alot of people using tablets to view and monitor the data from these Controllers. Does either unit come with a tablet, or is that something you have to purchase separately ? Can any tablet be used (i.e. Android or Apple) ?
my apologies, i read the first page, but havent read the other 3 yet.. in the middle of organizing my closet/fish stuff and saw this thread. i only have an apex and can only say from Apex perspective. if it hasnt been said, what i did and got the idea from this reef2reef forums was: at christmas last year, i picked up an amazon 8" tablet for 79 bucks. and thats hwat i use 99% time to control the apex. no issue. some people actually will set the settings on the tablet to always stay on and display the reef tank/apex stats the whole time. its really neat. GHL looks to be just as smart, and probably does have that feature too. .

one of the things that is neat in a way about apex is: almost top to bottom house brand intergration of the accessories market. off the top of my head, lighting and skimmers or atleast two of the submarkets they dont have products in. their wav pumps and return pums (cor 15 and cor 20) , dosing pums are typically solid from what ive read. i personllay have the wav and return pumps (cor 20) hooked up. i also have the dos ( for over a year, havent hooked it up, shame on me) yet.

Last edited:

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello this is an older post ,is it still up to date? Is ghl now more user friendly ? For the two,we still need programming?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back