OP
OP
baa120

baa120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. was pretty sure it was aptasia, was just hoping I was wrong I hate this stuff haven't had in it years now its back lol. thanx again

OP
OP
baa120

baa120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I had this I used a peppermint shrimp and it worked. May try that again first it's just easier lol. If it doesn't work this time i'm going in the tank lol. Will try Aptasia x if the shrimp cant do the job.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered F-aiptasia for this round of my battle. I had almost gotten rid of them but one or two always survived. Add in some overfeeding and not zapping those when I saw them and now my tank is being overrun again.
Aiptasia-X sort of works, but I hear this other stuff is better so I will let you all know what I find.

OP
OP
baa120

baa120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and yes let me know how it works. looking around the tank i found 2 spots with small colonies growing. I will go out and pick up a peppermint shrimp tomorrow. Maybe it works or at least slow it down. I have 29 biocube been running over 10 yrs now, but only had easy corals past 2 years. I threw a picture in.

20191212_175320.jpg

ddelmonaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if possible the best way to get rid of this especially if you want to keep the rock is to buy or make an anemone box or similar closed container. Buy your peppermint shrimp and contain them inside this box (preferable location is in a sump but can be display if tank size is limited. Put the rock or coral with aptasia in the box for few hours or until the aptasia is gone. Peppermints can go after a myriad of things in the display and even eat stressed corals. By isolating them with your target rock or coral they have no choice but to eat what is in that box with them. Aptasia gone, rocks and corals saved, repeat as necessary until your tank is clean of it

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back