Aqua Illumination Hydra 32 Settings

amkelly802

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have an AI Hydra 32 for my 24 gallon cube. Currently have 4 different frags of coral (all healthy) and a green bubble tip anemone. I've had the gbta for about three months and it remained in the same spot for almost the entirety of the three months. Since I had gotten the gbta the tentacles wont bubble, they seem stringy and almost spaghetti like and for the first time since I have gotten it, it has actually moved to a new location. Water parameters are near perfect, water flow hasn't changed, so I have to assume its the light.

I had the light about 6in. off the water, and the settings were at the following:
UV, Violet, Royal Blue, Blue- 100%
Green, Deep Red- 10%
Moonlight- 0%
Cool White- 15%

I have since raised the light to about 10in off the water and dropped the lighting to the following:
UV, Violet, Royal Blue, Blue- 85%
Green, Deep Red- 10%
Moonlight- 0%
Cool White- 15%

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding settings for this particular light and how to best support my gbta?

Thank you!

Larry isaak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would bring that down even further that is pretty powerful light for that size tank I would bring it down b another 40-50%

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 16hds on a 30g with an anemone and a pair of spawning clowns.
I also run 7 total 16hds on 3 systems.
I run first 4 at 100% and the rest at 50%. 1hr ramp up/down 10hrs at peak.
This works well for all corals soft or hard and anemones.
20230310_153310.jpg

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble BTAs have little to do with the light specifically. It seems to be a combination of light, nutrients and flow. I have BTAs literally right next to each other (same tank, same light), some with bubbles and some not.

As for the light, there really is no good way to "guess" as to how much light (PAR) you need unless someone has the same tank, same light and same inhabitants that has already PAR tested.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back