Aqua illumination lighting for display macro algae tank

zwalter38

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
231
Reaction score
106
Location
Scranton, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, I’m looking for a AI light that will sufficiently grow macro algae but I don’t want just the refugium ones since it is a display tank. My current light is a freshwater planted tank light that seems to work pretty well. However I would like to switch to as much AI equipment as I can because I have the power heads and lights on my main reef display and I’ve been very happy with them. I would like the light on my refugium so I can control everything from my phone. The refugium is tied into the main display reef so the convenience of my phone being the controller for everything is very appealing. So basically I’m wondering if AI makes a light or combination of lights that would grow macro algae well but still be white enough for good viewing.
 
I am not a techie, so not savvy on your phone interface to control your reef remotely.

However, I am knowledgeable on seaweed cultivation and saw your numerous threads on macro algae display refugium and nutrient recycling & export using seaweed. Which one of your threads would you like to discuss seaweed operational considerations? Not remote light control.
 
AI Blade Freshwater
That is the one I was considering the most. With my experience freshwater plant lights work well to grow macro. Have you had any experience with the freshwater blade growing macro?
 
That is the one I was considering the most. With my experience freshwater plant lights work well to grow macro. Have you had any experience with the freshwater blade growing macro?

I grew chaeto with one for quite a while before going to a turf scrubber instead. It grew chaeto extremely well. It also grew a bunch of other stuff in the sump since there were no herbivores to keep it in check :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: hence why I switched to an ATS
 
I grew chaeto with one for quite a while before going to a turf scrubber instead. It grew chaeto extremely well. It also grew a bunch of other stuff in the sump since there were no herbivores to keep it in check :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: hence why I switched to an ATS
Good to know thanks! It’s probably what I will end up going with.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new