Aquaforest aquarium reviews?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have been looking to get a new and bigger aquarium for a while and I have had limited options and really wanted to get an aquaforest aquarium but they werent available here. Now BRS has them so I am really interested in getting one. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on it? Anyone have any idea of the quality and entire setup with all the plumping?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are you looking at? Not to steer you away from Aquaforest, but I'd also look at the new G2 Reefer tanks from Red Sea as the 350 and higher sizes have dual returns and a wealth of upgraded features.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have been looking to get a new and bigger aquarium for a while and I have had limited options and really wanted to get an aquaforest aquarium but they werent available here. Now BRS has them so I am really interested in getting one. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on it? Anyone have any idea of the quality and entire setup with all the plumping?
I'm waiting on others to do the beta testing before I look at one :)

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are you looking at? Not to steer you away from Aquaforest, but I'd also look at the new G2 Reefer tanks from Red Sea as the 350 and higher sizes have dual returns and a wealth of upgraded features.
Yeah I have looked at all the different options available in the US, and Red Sea is at the bottom of my list. Just the constant stories of seam breaking and than the poor and lack of customer service is not something I want to risk.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

The AF aquariums is sexy! I would of definitely jumped on the 48 when I was shopping for a new tank. I went with the 200xl as it's the size I want.

The Nyos Opus is also a great looking ta k but only available in 1 size and available in the EU only.

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AF aquariums is sexy! I would of definitely jumped on the 48 when I was shopping for a new tank. I went with the 200xl as it's the size I want.

The Nyos Opus is also a great looking ta k but only available in 1 size and available in the EU only.
Yeah I can agree on they look very sleek and love the very clean look of the sump. Just want to make sure all the plumbing is good cause I have no experience with plumping, just AIO

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have looked at all the different options available in the US, and Red Sea is at the bottom of my list. Just the constant stories of seam breaking and than the poor and lack of customer service is not something I want to risk.
Well, I think you've been poorly informed (there haven't been seam issues in years and Red Sea support is top notch) - but hey, the AF looks like a nice tank as well. Beat of luck!

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed those today on BRS - they look like every other plug & play glass/mdf reef setup to me.
they're prob manufacturing all these in the same Chinese factory and just slap a different brand on em...

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I noticed those today on BRS - they look like every other plug & play glass/mdf reef setup to me.
they're prob manufacturing all these in the same Chinese factory and just slap a different brand on em...

The stand is not mdf and is way better than other Chinese systems. It's layered plywood and ridiculously stout.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would reconsider that, the seam issues have been “fixed” Since the v3 of Red Sea reefer tanks. The G2 should not have the problem as well.
I have the v3 and couldn’t be happier.
you could look at Cade they are good as well.

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I think you've been poorly informed (there haven't been seam issues in years and Red Sea support is top notch) - but hey, the AF looks like a nice tank as well. Beat of luck!
Have you taken a look at the Red Sea Facebook page? There is a seam break every other day on there.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you taken a look at the Red Sea Facebook page? There is a seam break every other day on there.
Why would I? I have a Red Sea and haven't had any issues... G2 models have thicker glass, new marine-spec cabinets, etc. But hey, what do I know...

Cade is also a great choice (albeit a bit more expensive).

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would I? I have a Red Sea and haven't had any issues... G2 models have thicker glass, new marine-spec cabinets, etc. But hey, what do I know...

Cade is also a great choice (albeit a bit more expensive).
Yeah Cade is a bit expensive compared to most other brands.

And not trying to argue about Red Sea with you. And I get there is a new model, but its the reputation of Red Sea which they carry with them, what prevents these new models from having similar issues in a couples months or years like the previous models. Spending thousands of dollars on anything means I put trust in that brand, to give me a tank that's quality and able to hold at least 10 years. And with the reputation Red Sea has built over the last few years, I am not going to take that risk.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Cade is a bit expensive compared to most other brands.

And not trying to argue about Red Sea with you. And I get there is a new model, but its the reputation of Red Sea which they carry with them, what prevents these new models from having similar issues in a couples months or years like the previous models. Spending thousands of dollars on anything means I put trust in that brand, to give me a tank that's quality and able to hold at least 10 years. And with the reputation Red Sea has built over the last few years, I am not going to take that risk.
What tank size are you looking at?

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just saw the aqua forest tank on BRS and am shopping for an upcoming large build. This may throw something new in my plans. Would really like to hear some other insight on these tanks!

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my AF 605 on July 1st and made a build thread. Feel free to ask anything about the tank. So far i am very pleased with the tank and stand.

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my AF 605 on July 1st and made a build thread. Feel free to ask anything about the tank. So far i am very pleased with the tank and stand.
Same, I already ordered one and just got it this past Tuesday, going to be building it soon.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very interested as AF are pretty big in Australia.

I'm itching to upgrade from my Aquaforest 326 as it is just not as big as it looked in the dealer and everything is crying for more space.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed them popping up again the past week or two. I can't find the thread now though.

Back