Aquaforest reef salt

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeyAl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeyAl

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2014
Messages
822
Reaction score
229
Location
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use IO and am possibly looking for a new mix that is better for coral growth. Has anyone used aquaforest? Any advantages to switching?
Thanks
 
Not a big fan.
If IO has worked well for you, but you just want better coral growth, why not just switch to RC?
 
I was always a Red Sea coral pro fan, and still am. I setup my tank with RC and did not like it and switched back to the RSCP. Someone suggested the @Aquaforest reef salt and I have been using the salt since mid Feb 2016 and I am very happy with it. I am also using the balling Method and my corals and tank look great. Expense wise it is about the same as RSCP but better result with my parameters. Red Sea Coral Pro would keep my alk too high and I was always dose to adjust. RC my heater was white and I would have such swings in parameter, and also dosing and I found the RC was not consistent.
 
There's nothing about instant ocean (or reef crystals) that would hold back coral growth.

$0.02
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new