Aquarium Controller Cabinet, Product?

HCl+NaHO=

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,

Some of you may know that every once and a while ill build a cabinet or controller stand for someone local or just for fun.

Like this:
40232424630_427d36ebf1_b.jpg

The main issue with building things like this is the overall cost.

Well... I think i have figured out a way to make this obtainable for the cost of a average acrylic sump that is sold by the big retailers.

The idea would be flat packed to your door with a simple assembly.
thumbnail (1).jpg

Once built would look like this:
thumbnail (5).jpg

The unit is sized to fit the most popular systems from Red sea to Waterbox and if it is a little tight I have a optional base that you can use to place beside your system.
thumbnail (3).jpg

The face plates are interchangeable with the most popular product die cut and custom fit. Almost anything is possible so the customization is almost unlimited. I also have most of the popular Ipads and so on already mounted. There will be vinyl wraps to customize color and texture as well.
thumbnail.jpg

Once all installed the whole face is removable from the cabinet for easy access.
thumbnail (4).jpg

At this point these are just the first 2 prototypes but I have finished units already done and boxes. I am sending a bunch out for final real world testing. The plan is also to give some away here on R2R if i can sort it out.

As for who or when it will hit market as of now the who is still up in the air and the when is soon. I am talking to "people" to get this out as fast as possible.

I wanted to get some feed back on this from the R2R community as I think this would be a cool product that no only helps people keep there systems clean but also will let people to get the full custom look without the cost.

whats your thoughts?

thumbnail (2).jpg

I am definitely a future customer

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely a future customer

HAHA thank you!, Everything is looking good now.

I have the final sample before production on the CNC now and hope to be in full production in the next few weeks. After the first run I will need to start finalizing cut more cut to shape face plates to fit as many products on the market.

wkd4b11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks great! I've been following your builds and drooled over the possibility of having a nice and tidy controller cabinet.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your website address?

www.AdaptiveReef.com however I will be selling them from my site in Canada alone. This is kinda just for fun as the Canadian market is smaller than 1 city :p.

I have a distributor for the US, soon Europe and working on Australia now. I have to hammer out a few minor details but as of now this week will be finalizing of design and the last prototype. Then I will be sending a bunch of units out to a hand full of people i.e. You Tubers and so on. Then full production can start, I am thinking around a month+ till you can buy one.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see how it looks in black vinyl wrap. Might need one of these.

We have them on the way as well.. Also the material can be painted quite easily. If there is a overwhelming demand some how we can make them out of Black material for a small premium.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.AdaptiveReef.com however I will be selling them from my site in Canada alone. This is kinda just for fun as the Canadian market is smaller than 1 city :p.

I have a distributor for the US, soon Europe and working on Australia now. I have to hammer out a few minor details but as of now this week will be finalizing of design and the last prototype. Then I will be sending a bunch of units out to a hand full of people i.e. You Tubers and so on. Then full production can start, I am thinking around a month+ till you can buy one.

Will any other products be sold on your page? I checked out your Facebook page, very cool stuff, especially working with MLB!

HCl+NaHO=

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA thank you!, Everything is looking good now.

I have the final sample before production on the CNC now and hope to be in full production in the next few weeks. After the first run I will need to start finalizing cut more cut to shape face plates to fit as many products on the market.

Ps, your Youtube channel’s last video is like a year old.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will any other products be sold on your page? I checked out your Facebook page, very cool stuff, especially working with MLB!

HAHA, Yes I am going to be doing some "fun" stuff that will not fit within most retailers scope. I plan on branching out a bit and make custom ordering a little easier. I have to see what or if I want to go Retail as I am a OEM maker of quite a few products in the aquarium world.

I have worked out a sponsorship with R2R like 2 years ago LOL and just ended up staying in the background as of now.

The coolest thing no is that if I have a idea or someone does I can make it within days as I literally own the factory its made. Some products need to have a distributor in the aquarium world but there are a quite a few that low production run's as low as 10 units can be fun.

This whole industry is a lot less stressful then re doing a whole stadium before the season opener LOL.

Yea working with MLB and the NHL are just a few of the fun cool stuff that my company gets to do. I do quite a bit of work for companies outside the Aquarium world.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps, your Youtube channel’s last video is like a year old.

Yes I know... I found that YouTube is actually hard work LOL and decided to sponsor a hand full of YouTubers instead. They thought it was a great idea :p.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA no but thanks :p.. It looks like it will be on the market in weeks to a month or so. :)

I need one ASAP for my reefer 250, if I have to pay you in advance I will, you are not just a regular builder, you are an artist[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]!!!! Thanks [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "final" prototype is cut and will be assembles this week into next. I have boxes on the way and I can do the labeling in house.

I will send down a sample to the US distributor in the next 2 weeks and should be in full production soon. I looks like I am 1 week behind from initial expectations :p.

Pics to follow soon..

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "final" prototype is cut and will be assembles this week into next. I have boxes on the way and I can do the labeling in house.

I will send down a sample to the US distributor in the next 2 weeks and should be in full production soon. I looks like I am 1 week behind from initial expectations :p.

Pics to follow soon..
It's reasonable to assume that the units will start shipping retail by mid to late August?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pics to follow soon..

What US vendor sites should we be stalking for the release? :p

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anything with a logo and lights looks good. The idea of a clean, affordable box is a great thing! Maybe only sell logo items to paid site supporters as a bonus?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything with a logo and lights looks good. The idea of a clean, affordable box is a great thing! Maybe only sell logo items to paid site supporters as a bonus?

I am going to do a limited run of R2R inserts that are 3D and no flat as shown. These will be a give away of some sort I am thinking on this site.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's reasonable to assume that the units will start shipping retail by mid to late August?

I hope as this is the goal +/- Shipping the initial order is going to be a little rough like always when starting a new product production.

Boxing, UPC, Materials and so on all take time and with

This would be fast but not out of the realm. ..

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What US vendor sites should we be stalking for the release? :p

ALL of them LOL!

IDK yet.. I am working with "a big" distributor so they will be available to almost any LFS or Online vendor in the US. As of now I am sending samples and so on but all the hard stuff is done.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back