Aquatec Auto Flush Valve Setup Question

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I purchased the Aquatec Auto Flush Valve, the Aquatec pressure switch and the power supply. I have a little over 60psi so no need for a booster pump. I installed everything correctly; however, I am trying to determine if it is even working.

When I tested the flow rate from both the waste water and product water I got a perfect 4:1 ratio. Yet, this flow rate is constant from the moment the system turns on. It would seem to me that if it were automatically flushing then there would be a significant drop in product water or perhaps no product water at all until the timer completed the flush.

Is my assumption correct? I purchased the auto flush valve from BRS and noticed the manufacture date was over 5 years old, meanwhile the pressure switch off Amazon was just a few months old. I am wondering if it sat so long in a warehouse that something locked up, but I want to confirm my assumption of how it operates is correct. There is an adjustment screw on the pressure switch, I believe it is set at 40 PSI but can be adjusted from 30 to 60, so maybe I need to adjust it to get it to operate. There are no manuals or instructions with any of the Aquatec products. The BRS video is about the only thing I could find.

So here is a rundown of the system.

90 GPD Spectrapure typical 4 stage system with auto shut off, pressure gauge and digital TDS meter.

I removed the original flow restrictor and installed the Aquatec 700 ML/MIN AUTO FLUSH FLOW RESTRICTOR on the waste water line with the flow going in the direction as indicated. I then installed the Aquatec PSW-240 shutoff pressure switch on the product line.

Anyone have any insight on this?

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the shut off pressure switch for?

OP
OP
CuzzA

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the shut off pressure switch for?
According to the BRS video it is required even without a booster pump. The pressure switch turns on and opens the auto flush valve when pressure is detected and turns it off and closes when the pressure stops.

OP
OP
CuzzA

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I'd go ahead and wrap this thread up. After trouble shooting, checking voltage from the power supply and continuity from the pressure switch, I determined the flush valve was bad. Called BRS and they sent me a replacement right away. Hooked it up and it worked.

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I purchased the Aquatec Auto Flush Valve, the Aquatec pressure switch and the power supply. I have a little over 60psi so no need for a booster pump. I installed everything correctly; however, I am trying to determine if it is even working.

When I tested the flow rate from both the waste water and product water I got a perfect 4:1 ratio. Yet, this flow rate is constant from the moment the system turns on. It would seem to me that if it were automatically flushing then there would be a significant drop in product water or perhaps no product water at all until the timer completed the flush.

Is my assumption correct? I purchased the auto flush valve from BRS and noticed the manufacture date was over 5 years old, meanwhile the pressure switch off Amazon was just a few months old. I am wondering if it sat so long in a warehouse that something locked up, but I want to confirm my assumption of how it operates is correct. There is an adjustment screw on the pressure switch, I believe it is set at 40 PSI but can be adjusted from 30 to 60, so maybe I need to adjust it to get it to operate. There are no manuals or instructions with any of the Aquatec products. The BRS video is about the only thing I could find.

So here is a rundown of the system.

90 GPD Spectrapure typical 4 stage system with auto shut off, pressure gauge and digital TDS meter.

I removed the original flow restrictor and installed the Aquatec 700 ML/MIN AUTO FLUSH FLOW RESTRICTOR on the waste water line with the flow going in the direction as indicated. I then installed the Aquatec PSW-240 shutoff pressure switch on the product line.

Anyone have any insight on this?
Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread from over a year ago, but I'm considering getting this same Aquatec setup for my Spectrapure MaxCap 5 stage 90gpd RO/DI.

Have you been happy with it's performance?

How did you conclude that you needed to use the 700ml/min regulator?

And Spectrapure provides 2 flow regulatories for hard or soft water...would/did this influence your decision on which Aquatec flow regulator to go with depending on which Spectrapure regulatory you had installed?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back