Are they sick?

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clownfish has pop eye and the royal gramma seems be doing this weird thing against the wall. He also is not as purple as he was. All other fish seem fine, eating and Swimming healthy.
Just did a water change today as well, all levels are fine as they should be. I’m pretty new to this and recently added soft coral to the tank, all of which were dipped as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3826.MOV
    9.1 MB
  • IMG_3852.MOV
    8.1 MB

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but unable to view.

How old is the tank?
Pop eye is typically caused by mechanical injury, poor water quality ie: elevated nitrates or as a secondary bacterial infection.
Others are going to ask specific water chem values.

OP
OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but unable to view.

How old is the tank?
Pop eye is typically caused by mechanical injury, poor water quality ie: elevated nitrates or as a secondary bacterial infection.
Others are going to ask specific water chem values.
Hey thanks for the quick response.
Here is my parameters:
PH 8.1
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nítrate: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Calcium:460ppm
Dkm: 11
Salinity: 1.025
Temp: 79
Phosphate: 0ppm

I have so far added some of the Micbrobe-Lift Artemis as it’s all te fish store had. One of my clownfish was on the sand a lot today but since the water change and adding that stuff he’s much more active.

the other clown and the royal gramma ate earlier but not in the evening. The royal gramma looks like his purple is more washed up than what I am used too. I am just hoping that they are gonna be okay and all my fish don’t get sick as I can not quarantine them. :( I read fresh water baths help with some stuff as well.

Also as a note, I just had a mini diatom bloom recently with my new T8s, but the snails seem to be on top of it.

Tank is about 5 months.

FF7A3EA7-4AD4-499C-87DB-738060E6E355.jpeg E917929E-B89B-488F-ADC9-C7B76E70215B.png 183ABE58-B993-4A63-B021-C4CE22782A1A.png 65490A07-5391-46E3-A19C-619B4F66B6B9.png

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cannot see try pic's?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
popeye both eyes?

OP
OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
popeye both eyes?
Hey thanks for replying! It is just one of his eyes. It is little grey, it had three greyish dots at first and now its little grey over all but it’s getting tad better I think, I did add the attached treatment to my water today after a water change. I did a water change although I did all my parameters were good.

OP
OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for replying! It is just one of his eyes. It is little grey, it had three greyish dots at first and now its little grey over all but it’s getting tad better I think, I did add the attached treatment to my water today after a water change. I did a water change although I did all my parameters were good.

7E4ED811-6EDA-48B5-BFAE-5F96C64345AD.jpeg 6C5FFDEB-8110-420F-9087-6ECDDDB0F47E.png

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh water dips are primarily for parasites.
They are valuable for the right cause.
I don't recomend it in this case as your fish are already in distress and do not seem to have parasites.
But I am also new to this hobby and hopefully others brighter than I will chime in and help.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
was on another thread @Big G ,said poss,only one eye just damage,kinda sounds case here ,w rapid improvement,jmo,def not disease expert,Big G,like an encyclopedia of info ;)

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters are solid. Could be injury or infection but keep observing the fish. If it’s an injury, it will heal on its own with a strong diet. If the affected area gets worse in the next couple of days, then it is a bacterial infection & will need treatment. Keep a close eye on feeding behavior, gills & fins, any of those things start looking strange, it’s an indication of bacterial infection & you will need to QT the fish. Hope it helps & good luck.

OP
OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters are solid. Could be injury or infection but keep observing the fish. If it’s an injury, it will heal on its own with a strong diet. If the affected area gets worse in the next couple of days, then it is a bacterial infection & will need treatment. Keep a close eye on feeding behavior, gills & fins, any of those things start looking strange, it’s an indication of bacterial infection & you will need to QT the fish. Hope it helps & good luck.
I have the two clowns acting weird and not eating. One of them swims around a bit but then stays at the bottom corners a lot. His two eyes seem tad swollen and he has some bumps on him too. The other one just swims around a bit but stays where they all sleep. He only has one eye that’s little grey and pop eye.

is it best for me to remove them from a tank? I don’t know what the chances are of them to survive if they aren’t really eating now :(

I added some more Artemis today.

1C84A5F2-D579-4C21-9982-F5EFF392CAA5.jpeg 8B36A36D-7285-4A66-AEB6-EEA46BB7C37E.jpeg F355C6B9-4EB2-4637-970E-25E0FD1BDE6F.jpeg 988DD93B-5A9A-467C-99AC-B77397D2897A.jpeg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumps on the eyes are often indicators the fish is infested with flukes. If left there, they can cause a bacterial infection that requires antibiotics to help the fish's immune system repair the damage. And if left too long, the fish can lose sight in the effected eye(s). So the best first step is to check for flukes. Doing a "freshwater dip" will either confirm or eliminate flukes from the possible causes of the bumps and behavior. Best to use a dark container when doing the FW dip. Makes it much easier to see the little dead flukes. They are white and the size of small sesame seeds.

OP
OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumps on the eyes are often indicators the fish is infested with flukes. If left there, they can cause a bacterial infection that requires antibiotics to help the fish's immune system repair the damage. And if left too long, the fish can lose sight in the effected eye(s). So the best first step is to check for flukes. Doing a "freshwater dip" will either confirm or eliminate flukes from the possible causes of the bumps and behavior. Best to use a dark container when doing the FW dip. Makes it much easier to see the little dead flukes. They are white and the size of small sesame seeds.

Hey thanks a lot! I actually found a YouTube video that gave me such information but a darker container is a great idea. I will give it a try.
I am for sure about to invest in a quarantine tank as I am looking to get a bigger tank soon that they will all be moved to.
Hope these two make it as they were the most active fish I have.
Thanks a lot! Will update you all on what’s happening.

OP
OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hey I gave both the fish a RODI water bath for 5 minutes each. One of them once back in the tank started to swim around just fine but now he is back laying down and the other one still acting the same. I did some slime off one of them, is it brook??? The orange has no slime I see. I am getting a 10G quarantine tank for them both tomorrow as I can not risk my other fish getting sick because of them.
Should I give them a fresh water bath everyday? That is even if I do QT them?
Thanks again for all your help everyone !

AC868156-8D64-4C3D-B33A-1A36763A7C97.png B535E4E3-962F-42F7-9DA0-B0C917064821.png CE05F16D-CBAB-44EE-BD9F-EB5A93341F49.png

OP
OP
Davar93

Davar93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find flukes from the FW dip?
Some fish act a bit off following the FW dip for a little while.
No I was waiting to see some. I actually think One of them had it though as I raw a white dot on his face which is now gone. Really hoping they are doing better tomorrow. Although I plan to add them to a quarantine tank tomorrow now.
I will maybe try another dip tomorrow as well.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well heck without seeing a bunch of fluke bodies, the next likely suspect is Brook, especially with your seeing slime coming off the fish and the initial eye cloudiness. If they were my fish, I'd treat for Brook.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back