Are two hydras 26 enough for this tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rixar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rixar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2016
Messages
175
Reaction score
80
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I'm riding a 51 'long tank for soft corals, I'd like to know if using two Hydra 26 units would be enough to keep soft coral, the depth of the tank is 17', thanks
 
I have 2 hydras on a 48” long tank that has sps/lps. Soft corals wouldn’t be a problem I would not think.
 
IMO you need 1 hydra 26 for every 2 feet, give or take. So you cutting it close, but not really. You could increase the intensity a bit, and that might be enough for you to have corals, depending on what you want for corals. But I think you should be good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new