Articles vs Giveaways

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to complain about something on this awesome forum but one thing has kept nagging at me. It's the article section. I come online and see a notification about new articles but when I go to check them out it's always just competitions and giveaways that mostly I'm not even eligible for. Which is cool, don't get me wrong, I just don't think the "article" section is the right place. Instructions on how to enter a competition isn't an article in my opinion. And they just end up spamming the entire "recent" section.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why can't you enter?

Also yea the system we have isn't the greatest but we're kinda limited by our software. We are looking to make some changes in the VERY near future.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out why you aren't eligible. :)

I like the contests, wish they weren't quite so long, but I understand why they are. I never understood why they were on the articles section either? Also not sure why some of the sponser forum posts show up in marketplace feed, like GHL. I have no idea how these forums work, and little quirks aside, this is the best forum I've experienced!

OP
OP
Mandelstam

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why can't you enter?

Also yea the system we have isn't the greatest but we're kinda limited by our software. We are looking to make some changes in the VERY near future.

I just assumed it because I'm in Europe and most contests are from US companies/vendors where they won't ship to Europe.

Looking forward to see what you have planned for the site! Don't change it up TOO much though... It's still the best forum out there! And that goes for both content, members, and software. Some forums out there still run software from the 90's it feels like...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back