ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect so but I have not updated it myself. It's always best practice to safe your schedule first.
It’s not the schedule part, it resets all of your network settings and naming that’s annoying.

So you have to login via the light IP then name the lights back, setup WiFi again. Hopefully that’s something that they can address

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - can I confirm my par readings (through a mesh cover).

I have 3 ATI Straton pretty much directly next to each other over a 60”x30”x24” tank.

@ 60% on LPS/SPS I am getting:

200 PAR at the bottom (and 150 PAR at the very corners).
300 PAR in the mid level
400 PAR about 4-6” under the surface of the water

@ 100% SPS Plakativ I am getting:

700 PAR at about 6-8” under the water
600 at the mid level
500 PAR at the bottom

(these numbers are insane)

To put it in comparison I am barely getting 400 PAR max on my XR15 blue frag tank @ 6” down.

Measured with the 510 Apogee meter.

Thanks

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have 3 ATI Straton pretty much directly next to each other over a 60”x30”x24” tank.

300 PAR in the mid level

600 at the mid level
500 PAR at the bottom

To put it in comparison I am barely getting 400 PAR max on my XR15 blue frag tank @ 6” down.

Thanks
I’m using the same meter with 4 Stratons and a black mesh top and can confirm your PAR numbers on SPS/LPS

Plakative is a bit too white for me so I never tested it

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the same meter with 4 Stratons and a black mesh top and can confirm your PAR numbers on SPS/LPS

Plakative is a bit too white for me so I never tested it
Thanks that’s useful - what are your settings at the moment?

My tank is nutrient poor so I have had to reduce the lights further otherwise the corals are starving...

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted them in here, the peak for the two lights covering SPS is back down to 88% as I have been running next to no phosphates (not intentionally)

Post in thread 'ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a...view-par-coverage-discuss.762808/post-8449569

A few post down from there I also cover some more details. Growth has been great. The coloring I’m getting out of SPS is nuts, this rainbow now has golds in it that I’ve never had before-
DBA40B5A-0425-452C-BB83-509C0FF05D08.jpeg

Last edited:

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

300 PAR in the mid level

600 at the mid level
500 PAR at the bottom

Thanks
How high are they mounted above the tank?

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high are they mounted above the tank?
6.5” off the surface.

I definitely understand reducing light, all my sps (to clarify this is a six month old tank and there are only about 5 or 6 sps frags in here, the rest are softies/ LPS) have been dying I think because of insufficient nutrients in the water... ICP is in the ‘green’ for all the trace nutrients and I’m running 8.11 dKh Alk, 460 calcium, 1370 magnesium.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close up install of brackets is in this German youtube video.

Around 13:20

Curious about one thing here on hanging the rails. Note, there is only one wire on each end. Nothing to keep the fixture from tilting front/back from the weight of the power cords.

Anybody see an issue here? I ask because I may be hacking an 80/20 solution crudely similar. But kinda stuck on whether or not I need to solve for that with 2 horizontal rails and a pinch loop on each end.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what zip ties and zip tie anchors are for. Fore and aft tilting eliminated, cord secured.

CoolRad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.
Great topic and thanks for all the info.
I'm currently thinking about new tank and planning a cube - 70cm x 70cm x 55(60)cm.
Will one Ati Straton be enough for this size of cube?
I'm planning on a mixed reef with some sps on top and lps/zoa mid to bottom.
Thank you.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.
Great topic and thanks for all the info.
I'm currently thinking about new tank and planning a cube - 70cm x 70cm x 55(60)cm.
Will one Ati Straton be enough for this size of cube?
I'm planning on a mixed reef with some sps on top and lps/zoa mid to bottom.
Thank you.
I believe one will be absolutely perfect for that tank size, if I was installing that tank it’s exactly what I would do

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And how does one do this on iPhone? Seems the google drive won’t let me download it as a single file?
I am not sure this is possible. You would need an app on your phone that can store the file on the device so when you connect to the Straton you can access the file. If your Straton is on your local network you would still need to stash the file somewhere to allow your phone to access it when the Straton prompts you to do so. Perhaps Dropbox or a similar app would be sufficient.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did ATI decide to call it the Straton? Definitely not Deutsch. I guess neither is Sunpower for that matter :D

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not the schedule part, it resets all of your network settings and naming that’s annoying.

So you have to login via the light IP then name the lights back, setup WiFi again. Hopefully that’s something that they can address

I successfully updated my Straton from an iPad and it remained with the same program and remained on my network.

I am not sure this is possible. You would need an app on your phone that can store the file on the device so when you connect to the Straton you can access the file. If your Straton is on your local network you would still need to stash the file somewhere to allow your phone to access it when the Straton prompts you to do so. Perhaps Dropbox or a similar app would be sufficient.

I was able to do this from an old iPad using iCloud Drive to store the file while the Straton was on my network (so I could access the cloud still).

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I successfully updated my Straton from an iPad and it remained with the same program and remained on my network.

I was able to do this from an old iPad using iCloud Drive to store the file while the Straton was on my network (so I could access the cloud still).

This is great news! I did not upgrade for this reason, thanks for following-up

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great news! I did not upgrade for this reason, thanks for following-up

I can confirm this firmware does not reset your naming or network settings, I recommend power cycling the lights then doing the firmware and I was getting a weird glitch that it was saying 100% complete but when logging in the firmware did not take. I power cycled them all then pushed the firmware and it worked perfectly.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another beautiful piece of hardware that seems to be largely unavailable. Was considering this, but pulled the trigger on a second AI Hydra 64 instead, with added LED strips to fill in on my 120 sps heavy reef. It's getting to the stage where it needs more light coverage in the shaded areas.

Last edited:

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another beautiful piece of hardware that seems to be largely unavailable. Was considering this, but pulled the trigger on a second AI Hydra 64 instead, with added LED strips to fill in on my 120 sps heavy reef. It's getting to the stage where it needs more light coverage in the shaded areas.
Trust me it is far more frustrating for us to be sitting here with hundreds of people wanting to hand you money and you cannot take it....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back