ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI.DE is being very conservative with production / availability of these, not sure why ultimately but yeah..

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of three Straton that every few weeks seems to lose network connectivity (wifi) it won’t turn on at the right time or turn off kind of scary and requires a power cycle to clear it... any tips? Or go to manufacturer?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of three Straton that every few weeks seems to lose network connectivity (wifi) it won’t turn on at the right time or turn off kind of scary and requires a power cycle to clear it... any tips? Or go to manufacturer?
I would save the config file, factory reset, update firmware to the latest, load config file, then setup wifi, and monitor. If that doesn't work I would contact ATI. What firmware are you on?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is likely a firmware issue like Hydrored stated, give it a update and it should settle it.

Cheers

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm this firmware does not reset your naming or network settings, I recommend power cycling the lights then doing the firmware and I was getting a weird glitch that it was saying 100% complete but when logging in the firmware did not take. I power cycled them all then pushed the firmware and it worked perfectly.
I appreciate all the info you've been sharing. Very informative, thank you.

I just set up the first of 3 lights. Got it on the network, time zone, named it.

Noob question on pushing the firmware upgrade:
Downloaded the winzip file 2.3.0.tar
Tried "Choose File" and the Run button goes gray for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens.
I tried cycling the power, but result is the same.
Then I thought I should unzip it first, so did that.
What file do I choose to Run?

I know I am being thick, but didn't want to screw it up.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I screwed it up after all. After cycling the unit, it is no longer pushing a WIFI signal.

I will reset the unit and see if I can find it again.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all the info you've been sharing. Very informative, thank you.

I just set up the first of 3 lights. Got it on the network, time zone, named it.

Noob question on pushing the firmware upgrade:
Downloaded the winzip file 2.3.0.tar
Tried "Choose File" and the Run button goes gray for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens.
I tried cycling the power, but result is the same.
Then I thought I should unzip it first, so did that.
What file do I choose to Run?

I know I am being thick, but didn't want to screw it up.
Use the link I posted above instead of the one on the straton website, no need to unzip. Just select the whole file with .tar as the extension

it can’t have the .zip or it won’t work

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the link I posted above instead of the one on the straton website, no need to unzip. Just select the whole file with .tar as the extension

it can’t have the .zip or it won’t work
All set now, thanks. Took me a bit to get my head around this. Spent a couple hours on the first one with multiple resets and then understanding the UI and application architecture differences versus Hydra or Radion. It is just different, not harder or easier.

The next 2 lights took about 6 minutes each including the firmware upgrade. Just connect, set time zone, name it, upgrade firmware, and copy over the .json file.

Tomorrow I should have the parts & tools for the DIY rail install.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All set now, thanks. Took me a bit to get my head around this. Spent a couple hours on the first one with multiple resets and then understanding the UI and application architecture differences versus Hydra or Radion. It is just different, not harder or easier.

The next 2 lights took about 6 minutes each including the firmware upgrade. Just connect, set time zone, name it, upgrade firmware, and copy over the .json file.

Anytime, can’t wait to see what you came up with

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for this I was scratching my head as the file was dying @ 15% and I was losing connection and having to do hard resets...

I just followed your points which was set up a time zone, name it, upgrade firmware, copy over .json file. temperamental until then!

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the spam - but I de linked my ATI... and I actually prefer it this way, will be keeping LPS on the left side and high light SPS on the right side, and will manage my PAR accordingly!

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the spam - but I de linked my ATI... and I actually prefer it this way, will be keeping LPS on the left side and high light SPS on the right side, and will manage my PAR accordingly!

I have mine linked and run my lights that way, just drag the front, middle, and rears to another profile that way you can manage all lights at once.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some stability fixes for 2.3.0 when wifi is intermittent or weak. I am not aware of any user experience changes being made.

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure this is possible. You would need an app on your phone that can store the file on the device so when you connect to the Straton you can access the file. If your Straton is on your local network you would still need to stash the file somewhere to allow your phone to access it when the Straton prompts you to do so. Perhaps Dropbox or a similar app would be sufficient.
Thanks for the answer. Will try dropbox.

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI North America: any chance or way to edit the .json files on a remote computer? The interface is, charitably, hard to use precisely on a phone screen. For those of us who dont have laptops, a way to open and edit the file remotely then resave would be most appreciated.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime, can’t wait to see what you came up with
I can't wait either. But waiting on a drill press from my local Ace Hardware guy. I could Amazon one faster (and cheaper), but I really appreciate the owner's willingness to problem solve my many, many problems.

Speaking of Amazon and "problems" here is the Z shaped extruded aluminum I purchased for the mount pieces. I won't guess whether that was stupidity or maliciousness. Will need to adapt my mental drawings and plow on.

Note those 3 units in the background are programmed and ready to fire. Just waiting for me to mount them properly.

Attachments

• IMG-4953.jpg
    IMG-4953.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 90

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back