ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Justin Thibodeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but how long before they are actually available… especially in the US?
Yes, very good point. Hopefully we don't have a release experience similar to the original Stratons. Just wanted to give you a heads up just in case you didn't notice the upcoming release.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i just ordered ati stratons for my tank, bought 2 for my 160cm tank, previously i was running ati powermodule, at hybrid and now decided to go full led.

a question, at what percentage should i start acclimating my sps/lps to led with ati straton?

My thoughts:
a) Borrow a PAR meter to measure your current levels.
b) Hang the Stratons; choose your color preference.
c) Now measure PAR and knock it DOWN by 50 or so relative to prior

Several of us noticed that LPS -- even on the sand -- needed time to adapt. Even under "equal" measured PAR, the Straton was too much. In my case, I was changing from Sunpower T5.

I added back a few %s each week for a while.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always figured they could come out with different fixture sizes and just plop in X number of their rectangular panels. Judging by Straton v1, we'll see these in NA sometime in 2024. ;)

1650735178698.png

Last edited:

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no more firmware update for the "old" straton? latest one is from november

any chance to get the same firmware as the new Pro fixtures?

hubble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this reply from ATI,

Gary we have no timeline for Straton Pro in North America. They are not able to produce enough to have any to ship outside Germany. We have no timeline of when production will ramp up enough to have sufficient product for our area. I am also lacking most of the details, I have nothing I am in the position to share as far as specifications.

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies for not reading through the 58 pages first, but I have a Straton mounting question. Is there an reason I can't use an aluminum U channel mounted to a cross brace and slide / drop the light into it, other than making accommodation for the power cord? (I 'll use either 3/4" or 1/2" channel depending on the lights thickness).

Haven't ordered yet, but getting ready to pull the trigger on 2.

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies for not reading through the 58 pages first, but I have a Straton mounting question. Is there an reason I can't use an aluminum U channel mounted to a cross brace and slide / drop the light into it, other than making accommodation for the power cord? (I 'll use either 3/4" or 1/2" channel depending on the lights thickness).

Or this?

IMG-4960.jpg

Actually to clarify, I used Z shape brackets at 1/2". Once I added the felt pads, I realized I maybe should have used 5/8 or 3/4.

They are not going anywhere, which is fine.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the Stratons come with the extra long hanging wire, or did you purchase the wire separately? If the latter, where did you purchase it from?

Ecotech hanging kits, and the provided wires from ATI were not long enough for my ceilings.

Last edited:

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a ton of research and much debate, it looks like I am going to give Stratons a go.

I am debating between 3 or 4 Stratons over a a Red Sea S-1000 (82.7"x26.75"x25.6) predominantly SPS mixed reef. Any suggestions between 3 or 4 Stratons?

As for mounting, how is everyone spacing them?
  1. 3 Stratons: Twice as much spacing between fixtures as the distance from the edge of the tank to the fixture. This would give me 9.1" of open space between the fixtures and 4.5" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
  2. 3 Stratons: Equal distance between the fixtures and the edge of the tank to the fixtures. This would give me 2.2" of open space between the fixtures and 11.4" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
  3. 4 Stratons: Twice as much spacing between fixtures as the distance from the edge of the tank to the fixture. This would give me 5.5" of open space between the fixtures and 2.8" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
  4. 4 Stratons: Equal distance between the fixtures and the edge of the tank to the fixtures. This would give me 0.7" of open space between the fixtures and 10" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
I'm leaning toward Option 2 as the S-1000 has eurobracing on the sides (I'm guessing 2" to 3") and typical coral isn't flush up against the side of the tank, and it might allow some lower light LPS on the sides.

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having difficulty syncing multiple fixtures together (master/slave) and connecting to Wifi. Any tips?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back